Tripadvisor
Glasgow

“Awful soup.”

Singl-end Merchant City
Ranked #243 of 2,775 Restaurants in Glasgow
Description: A quirky cafe & bakehouse serving home-baked realness to the people of Glasgow
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Went here with my daughter on recommendation. Her quiche looked good and she was certainly happy with it. My soup was simply awful. Barely tepid to start with. Certainly tasted dreadful, and that wasn't just me - my daughter totally agreed. The sourdough that accompanied it was good, though. Nobody enquired if our food was up to scratch. Moreover, when my basically untouched bowl of soup was taken away there was no query as to why it was left so. When I paid I wasn't asked if we had enjoyed dining there. So, a visit of two meals - one without complaint and the other horrible, but nobody asked, despite there being an obvious issue......

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (116)

Reviewed January 14, 2020

Had lunch here on Sunday which was really good! Greeted by a very pleasant girl and told we would have to wait about 15 minutes for a table. As it was pouring with rain we decided to wait - and I'm really glad we did! Lunch was excellent with lovely good quality ingredients and nicely presented. Service was very good and efficient. Can definitely recommend here and will be returning soon!

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

We had soups for lunch here. They were delicious! We came back 2 days later for a bigger lunch, but unfortunately the wait was 45 minutes and we had a train to catch. Next time in Glasgow, I will call in with a reservation, and look forward to going here for a brunch or lunch.

1  Thank danik5011
Reviewed December 19, 2019

Recently dined here for breakfast with colleagues following recommendations. Staff are relaxed and friendly, food was delicious with good portions and value for money. Coffee and drinks lovely - we will definitely be back!

Reviewed December 18, 2019

We decided to give the Singl-End a try because my daughter has a Service dog and we needed somewhere which was pooch friendly, After checking we could take the dog in, we sat down in a very busy eatery (which proves its popularity) and were served almost straight away. Our food was delicious, my daughter and I deciding on the sausage served on a fantastic home made roll, and my husband having sausage and mushroom. The cafe is spotless as are the toilets. The staff are top notch and will describe anything you are unsure of on the menu. Everything is made in-house and is of the highest quality. I will certainly recommend to friends and will be back soon