“fantastic”

Two Fat Ladies at the Buttery
Ranked #17 of 2,511 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, Seafood, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Anderston
Reviewed January 29, 2013

where there tonight celebrating 50 year birthday of Anna, good food, excellent service and good dinner. fresh raw material and good looking dishes.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Enjoyed all 3 courses in a restaurant we had heard much about but had never visited. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed what we had. Lots of fish within the starters and main courses but as we love seafood it was ideal. Cullen Skink, Supreme of chicken and Creme Brûlée for my wife and Scallops, Steak Mignon with Black Pudding and Choc pot and marmalade ice cream for me accompanied by a fine New Zealand Sauv Blanc. The champagne when we arrived was an unexpected treat from our friends son who works there. All good!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had read that this restaurant was one of the best in Glasgow and booked in January for my birthday treat sadly I felt the best thing about this establishment was the tableware. My main course fish was overdone and the starters were lacklustre. The pudding was good but for over £90 for the two of us I did expect better. We will not be returning

Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is a lovely old coaching inn located on the periphery of one of those scary looking high-rise council estates that few are now proud of. Don't let that put you off. The interior is a Victorian delight - full of clutter and mismatched furniture and elegant old china and glass and general loveliness. We were a table of six that ate from a pre-theatre menu that was outrageously good value. I ate a baked mushroom starter on a bed of springy zingy rocket smothered in a sort of tomato ragout while my family and friends ate pea soup and a Caesar salad with hot smoked salmon. My main course was roast ling, while others had a more conventional chicken supreme. One of us had a veggie bean stew. All were delighted.
Desserts included a monster bread and butter pudding, some interesting ice-creams and a home-made brandy basket. Service was friendly and attentive. Classy wine list and a few decent drams, although could possibly add a few to this latter collection. Why be mean with your offering of top Scotch?

Reviewed January 20, 2013

lovely tasteful restaurant - beautifully decorated with warm and cosy feel. perfect service, excellent food and brilliant value for money. great atmosphere and would definitely recommend.

1  Thank grahamhunter1978