“Great atmosphere, lighting, staff and food.”

Grill on the Corner
Ranked #180 of 2,510 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The GRILL on the CORNER is a high-end, casual Dining Restaurant and Cocktail Bar on Glasgow's Bothwell Street.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Went here on a Monday night with 7 people, it was lucky we booked in advance because it was very busy. We had an awesome round table which is great for a party of 6 or more. The staff were great and the food was really nice. The steaks were cooked really nicely too. They serve some dishes on a slate which is cool, they also have little gimmicks such as serving chips in a mini deep fry dish etc, I like stuff like that. I would recommend going here, it is awesome.

1  Thank Alex F
GotC, Manager at Grill on the Corner, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your Trip Advisor review. I am really pleased that you had such an enjoyable experience and felt it was 5 out of 5! We value our customers feedback and it is reassuring to hear that we are performing well. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Grill on the Corner. If you are looking to book again in future please email me direct at glasgowbdm@blackhouse.uk.com

Best Wishes

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

To me it was a disastrous dinner at Grill on the Corner. We passed the restaurant so many times so we decided to give it a try on our last night in Glasgow. I ordered the wagyu beef burger and it came out too well done. Not only that the waiter chose to hand me my plate across the table instead of coming over to my side and upon holding the plate I almost released it immediately as the plate was very hot. Had I released the plate it would have come crashing down on the glasses, etc. What a stupid and lazy waiter. With scorched fingers that spoilt my last dinner in Glasgow. My friends didn't raved snout their food so I can only guess that there was nothing great about the food.

1  Thank Chris997
GotC, General Manager at Grill on the Corner, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Grill on the Corner. As much as I take in to consideration my customers opinions to improve the business, I do not think calling anyone stupid is very constructive. If you wish to discuss your visit further please email me on elenasmanio@blackhouse.uk.com

Regards
Elena Smanio

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Had lunch here in June with some girlfriends and although nice food, good atmosphere and very much a 'happening' place. I did feel that it is very expensive for what you get on your plate...
I had a sandwich which was nice but really expensive. Friends had a salad and although tasty appeared to be much more expensive than comparative restaurants win the city.

Would not go and pay such prices again.

GotC, Manager at Grill on the Corner, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review. We really appreciate our customers feedback here at the Grill on the Corner. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your food here and found the restaurant to have a good atmosphere. I noticed that you mentioned you found the restaurant to be over priced, are you aware that we offer a dining club membership. This entitles our customers 40% off the total food bill. For more information regarding the dining club membership please email me at glasgowbdm@blackhouse.uk.com and hopefully we can welcome you back to the Grill on the Corner in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 9, 2014

We had been meaning to go here for ages as a treat. The staff are really friendly but not so much that you feel harrassed during your meal. They knew exactly when to turn up. The menu is amazing, probably too good because it took us a while to decide. Ended up with the fillet steak with black pudding crumb and buttered mash. I could have eaten 2 portions it was so good, steak melted in the mouth just like it should. Chocolate cake for dessert and a couple of cocktails, the dacquiri(sp) is the size of your head so don't get one if you're in a rush. It's expensive but the experience made it worth it. Definitely go back.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your first dining experience here at the Grill on the Corner. We take great pride in our quality of service so I am pleased to hear that you found our servers both knowledgable and attentive during your visit. Quality of food is what we are all about here so I am pleased that your Fillet Steak special ticked all the boxes for you, aswell as the Chocolate Fudge cake and the Daiquiris. We offer a dining club membership which offers 40% off your total food bill so for more information and the opportunity to save some money on your next visit please email me direct at glasgowbdm@blackhouse.uk.com.

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 9, 2014

We booked the Grill for a work night out, based on everyone having heard good things about it. When we arrived we were given a long bench type table in the shop window, rather than in the main restaurant. The seats were high stools with no backs which were very uncomfortable. There was no space between the seats, so that made eating very awkward - elbows in the face. The Food was okay. Starter was super, main course of steak and chips average - chips cold and hard and streak seemed a cheap cut. Desert was saving grace - lovely. Service not great - staff seemed unhappy and had no manners. Menus were thrown at is and they leaned over to place cutlery without a word to excuse themselves.
The restaurant itself has a cleanliness issue which was concerning. Tables weren't very clean and the main issue was the smelly toilets. They have a fire door at the top of the stairs to the downstairs toilets. This was jammed open with a door wedge - not sure that is exactly legal. However, this meant that the smell from the toilets was present on the restaurant floor. As you went down the stairs the smell got stronger. The toilets were a mess, smelly, paper all over the floor and the sink area completely soaked. This of course throws up concerns around what gores on behind the scenes if they are happy for this to be what their customers see. Overall slightly disappointing experience, which was a shame.

GotC, General Manager at Grill on the Corner, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Guest -

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback.The service you have described is not the standard we strive to deliver to our customers. I hope you will be so kind as to give me the opportunity to discuss your visit further with you and that in some way I will be able to make up for your disappointment. I would be obliged if you could send an email to my personal address - elenasmanio@blackhouse.uk.com.
I would really like the opportunity to speak to you.

Elena Smanio