“Fresh good food, good service.”
Review of Ashoka Finnieston

Ashoka Finnieston
Reserve with OpenTable
Ashoka Finnieston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 2,542 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Ask any Glaswegian for directions to the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, and they're sure to say "D'you know the Ashoka West End?" Immortalised as a famous culinary landmark, it sits on the corner of the longest street and shortest road in the city, and shines like a beacon and acts like a magnet to Glasgow's colossal curry eating fraternity.This is the first ever Ashoka started in 1973
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Food is good, like all Ashoka standard. They have to be good, the location is competing with mother India cafe (amazing) and the green chilli across the street (also good). I had a living social voucher so it was excellent value. Portions were excellent and good choice for vegi's. Staff very friendly too. Be warned the restaurant is a bit small, cozy I guess, we didn't mind. I would still go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,105)

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Daughter and I went on a Living Social voucher and the meal was excellent, we shared a bottle of reasonably priced wine, and had a very good evening out (we also managed to speak to each other for most of the meal).

Reviewed December 18, 2012

we went along here for our xmas team lunch which was 3 courses and a drink for £8.95, this deal was fantastic with lots of various choices the food tasted amazing, the service was brillant with the staff being very attentive. I would highly recommend this restaurant and the festive lunch in particular we had a great time.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My favourite Ashoka. Great intimate atoms for the bird or with the boys. Good beer and just great Indian food.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We went on a cold and wet Thursday night to this cosy restaurant and was so glad that we braved the weather.

We were given a complimentary cheese dish while our chosen starters were being prepared. Delicious and a nice touch..

My starter of pan fried fish was really tasty. The blend of spices was a treat for my tastebuds! (would have been happy with this as a main course)The South Indian Garlic Chilli Chicken which followed had a good kick and was of the same high standard. Loved it! Pineapple sorbet finished off my lovely meal.
My husband thoroughly enjoyed his Haggis starter, Lamb Bhoona and sticky toffee pudding with ice cream.

Each course was beautifully presented and served by attentive, friendly, smiling staff. Congratulations to all.

The background music created a relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable dining experience. Will book again and take friends.

Five ***** +++++!