“Very good meal!”

Ashoka - Southside
Ranked #309 of 2,428 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Curry devotees have been worshipping at the temple of Ashoka since the 80s. This, the chain���s Glasgow South Side branch, was created to appease folk from south of the river who loved the brand but hated the travel. Boasting an interior with a Last Days of the Raj meets style bar look, Ashoka has the kind of atmosphere which appeals more to bhuna babes than the middle aged ���lads��� on a rampage who frequent your average curry house. The interior may be pared down but the menu is packed with Indian favourites as well as house specialities, leaving even decisive diners with a difficult decision to make.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very good meal!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Had a great meal here last night, food was brilliant and good service! Also well looked after by Raj! Markos

• Visited January 2014

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“10 years of fantastic service!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Our family celebrate every birthday here. We have never ever been disappointed. The food is to die for,wether you stick to your favourites or ask the unbelievably helpful staff for their recommendations as 4 out of the 6 of us done last night! Raj and all the staff made the night even more special with the personal experience and were so sweet when singing happy bday and supplied a warm chocolate cake on the house. The new fish pakora was melt in your mouth and the recently added main meal options were yummy. My boyfriend and myself are such regular Sunday evening takeaway goers that raj even knows our order and always has a joke on the phone when I say darlin.
I look forward as always to my next meal.

• Visited December 2013
“Best Indian Restaurant in Glasgow”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I am an expat living in NZ for the past 17 years and during my time living in Glasgow the Ashoka was one of the best Indian restaurants around in that time. On my return to Glasgow for a Christmas holiday with my family we all visited the Ashoka Southside and was far from disappointed. If anything I believe the Ashoka has got even better. The service was superb (Raj) and the dishes I would recommend: Bombay Bakra, Chicken Dilruba, and for the kids Murgh Tikka Makhanwaia.

Thanks again for the great night and excellent food/service.

Keep up the great work and will certainly visiting you on my return.

Paul...

• Visited January 2014
Broadbeach, Australia
“sweep night out”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

i was at the ashoka during the festive period for a curry and pints with the boys. we were very well looked after by heera and an attractive female waitress. the service was attentive and efficient and all 7 of us enjoyed our curries. i had the south indian garlic chilli chicken which was the best curry ive had in years. i will certainly be going back as not only was it tasty, i felt it was good value for money.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal and great company”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Our family eats in the Ashoka South Side every Christmas Eve and this year was no different. The food was delicious, the recommendations made for main courses were well received and very tasty and there was a great atmosphere and service. I would not hesitate in recommending this Indian restaurant to anyone. My meal was one of the best Indian meals I have ever eaten and the spiced onions are amazing! I am certain we will be back on 24.12.14!

• Visited December 2013