“10 out of 10..”
Review of Ashoka - Southside

Ashoka - Southside
Ranked #227 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Curry devotees have been worshipping at the temple of Ashoka since the 80s. This, the chain���s Glasgow South Side branch, was created to appease folk from south of the river who loved the brand but hated the travel. Boasting an interior with a Last Days of the Raj meets style bar look, Ashoka has the kind of atmosphere which appeals more to bhuna babes than the middle aged ���lads��� on a rampage who frequent your average curry house. The interior may be pared down but the menu is packed with Indian favourites as well as house specialities, leaving even decisive diners with a difficult decision to make.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“10 out of 10..”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

It was my first trip to the Ashoka South Side in a couple of years and I forgot how good it was. Our waiter was just lovely, very helpful and looked after us all really well.

We all had different curries and every one was delicious (as we all shared!!) I also tried my first raita which was gorg. Excellent quality, tasty food and the portion size was spot on.

We had relatives up from down south and they thoroughly enjoyed it too. Will be sure to visit again very very soon!!

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Best Indian restaurant in Glasgow 5*”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Ashoka Southside is by far the best Indian restaurant in Glasgow. We have been going there routinely for the past 3 or 4 years. Now don't get me wrong the other Ashokas dotted around the city are very good, but there is just something that extra special at Ashoka Southside.

For starters the food is always excellent, from the curries right down to the accompaniments. An added bonus for us (since my wife and I don't eat meat) is that you can customise many of the curries to be vegetarian, either with fresh vegetables or paneer. Making it one of the top veggie friendly restaurants in Glasgow.

My wife and I always get a creamy Jalfrezzi each (it is that good!) and share a rice and a naan. However, on our recent visit we wanted to mix it up, so, our waiter Raj kindly recommended that we try the Rogan Josh (which was superb).

As for the service ... Regardless of when you go, what you order or who your waiter is, the service in Ashoka Southside is second to none. Never have I been in a restaurant with staff who are friendlier. They really can't do enough for you!

Ryan and Jill

Glasgow
“Great night”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Every few weeks, some squash playing friends from different parts of the city meet in the Ashoka Southside. Tonight was no different in that the food, atmosphere and service (the knowledgeable, entertaining and all round good guy Raj) was first class. We will be back.....Stuart.

manchester
“5* food 5* service”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have been in Glasgow on business this week and wanted to try somewhere different to eat on Tuesday. I saw Ashoka on trip advisor and thought I'd try it. Liked it so much I went back on Thursday; it was that good. The quality of the food, presentation and cleanliness is truly excellent. Super service from all staff but Imteyaz gets a special mention, he has a really bubbly personality and great attitude. You should definitely try it if you like your Indian cuisine

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Now visited 4times in last month
Food excellent every time as is the service with our waiter Raj who had served us 3 times
Great menu great portions great service
£8 for two courses on 5 pm deal unbelievable value