“Attentive staff and good food!”
Review of Ashoka @ The Quay

Ashoka @ The Quay
Ranked #1,072 of 2,522 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I went to Ashoka on my weekend away in Glasgow and we all really enjoyed our food. It was fresh, tasty and staff was very attentive. You did not feel like you were in a buffet, because of staff. I will recommend it to anyone! Well worth the price!

2  Thank Marta_8743

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We visit the Ashoka at the Quay every second week and it's amazing, always a great selection of food and if they've not got what you want then they make it for you. The service is fantastic and the staff are so friendly, well worth a visit.

1  Thank Drew H
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I've visited Ashoka at the Quay several times, typically visiting their evening buffet with my wife and kids. The buffet has a great range of curries, ranging from your run of the mill kormas to authentic 'desi' style dishes - very good! The staff are very good too, always happy to help. Vikram (who I think is the manager) remembers our kids and always has a bit of a joke with them - making us feel welcome. On the one occasion we did visit without the kids, he was asking after them.

I also want to mention their thali lunch menu, which I had on my most recent visit. Basically, it's whole meal on one tray! You have a small portion of spiced onions and poppadom pieces, some pakora, two sauces, rice and curry. It's ideal to have during your lunch hour (if you are treating yourself!) - was served in about 10 minutes without lowering their usual high standards. Great price too - £6.95 if I remember correctly. The whole bill for two was around £20 including drinks.

1  Thank George H
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Visited last night for the buffet. Having been before and been very impressed at the quality and taste of the buffet, we were a bit disappointed. Admittedly it was fairly busy, about half to two-thirds full. Although there's a reasonable selection of main curries (2veg, 3 chicken, 1 prawn and 2 lamb), at any one time at least 3 of them were waiting to be replenished - only sauce and no meat or chicken left - and the sauce was pretty thin. As soon as they replenished the naan bread it was emptied again by people waiting and it seemed to take an age to be re-filled. The cynic in me wonders if this is a move to encourage people to eat less or to take the a-la-carte. There's a good selection of starters, though they were a bit on the cold sight for my taste - a tip is to take the from the bottom of the dish as those ones are warmer. Sweets are the usual (limited) buffet fare, but the ice cream is better quality than most. Service at table was fine, with the manager/owner out on the floor talking to guests, but they need to get the buffet replenishment sorted (for example start cooking the food before the last lot runs out). Overall, a pretty average curry buffet experience, but reasonable value for the money. Total cost for two buffets, two drinks and tip £40.

1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and i went to Ashoka quay on Thursday 9th for our anniversary meal, we were delighted with the food and the service, very welcoming, we couldn't have chosen any where better. Complimentary wine for me and beer for my husband as it was a special occasion (lovely touch) ! Not to mention the chef arriving with a surprise desert again, complimentary. Portions were very large but enjoyed everything, will definitely return in the future. Thanks for a lovely meal.

1  Thank MacMacMallaig