“don't eat here”

Cook & Indi's World Buffet
Ranked #420 of 2,552 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Cook and Indi's World Buffet we present to you, the 'World on a plate'. We let you travel the world through your taste buds, exploring an extensive choice of flavours and having the option to indulge in whatever style of food you desire! With a variety of dishes ranging from pizza to pastas, starters to salads, sushi to noodles, pakoras to curries; the Cook and Indi's World Buffet lets you enjoy the delicacies from around the world. With an amazing in-house service by extremely experienced staff and live cooking action; we make sure to delight you with an incredible food journey around the world.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

we are here just now and the food is bland and not much choice of dishes.would not recommend some of the food had funny taste and some of the chicken was pink.

3  Thank d2cod
BISWAJIT2222, General Manager at Cook & Indi's World Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Respected kitty

Thanks for your valuable feedback in world buffet in Darnley. we are thrilled and gratifying when guest feel happy but equally we feel extremely upset and stressed if any of our customer expectation is not matched. Staffs and chefs are always working very hard and go extra mile to make our customers experience rewarding. Guest feedback is incredible important to us and we duly noted your points of concerning and I will positively work on it. we train our staff regularly and many check and balances on place for quality control .Dear madam I will highly obliged to you if you kindly call me on 07701050917 .
REGARDS
BISWAJIT ROY
GENERAL MANAGER
WORLD BUFFET GROUP

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Advert outside on billboard states one price but when seated price changes. Food not up to standard as it was when the first time it opened. 11year old had to pay adult prices,do these restaurant not realise that you are a child in Britain until you are 16 .very disappointed.

6  Thank GILLIANM499
BISWAJIT2222, General Manager at Cook & Indi's World Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

RESPECTED SIR,
thanks for your review .i will be happy to explain our side of the story.
firstly in billboard says evening price are from £10.99 and it is complelely true and if you come anyday from monday to thursday from 5p/m onwads are same but like all buffet restaurent weekend price are slightly higher and we have also same in our restaurent.
secondly every table have tent cards which clearly written price tag and age for half price,so no way it is misleading to any customer.
dear sir if you think still we can help you for anyway please call me 07701050917.

thanks
biswajit roy ,general manager

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Me and my boyfriend visited here a few months back as we heard it was great value for money and yes I would say it is cheap . As we arrived we were seated straight away to order drinks , I asked for a glass of water which tasted very strange not sure if they do this to make you buy a drink. The food was average with a huge choice of starters mains and deserts . I wouldn't say it was the best food I have eaten but I would say you pay for what you get! The staff seemed to be rushing about everywhere and it seemed pretty dangerous seeing this around the buffet area while the staff carry hot food and children were running around! I also felt that plates seemed to be left on the tables too long which seemed to pile up . I think I would go back if I was really hungry and if I didn't want to spend much!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

It was our first visit, at lunchtime, and was quite disappointed.
The food itself was OK although you have to like chicken as very little other meat is used and apart from some Sushi (with not much fish present) and 'kids' fish fingers there was no fish choice. Much of the chicken was also overcooked(or had lain too long) as it was very dry and while there it took over half an hour to replenish the Chinese ribs.
However my main complaint is that their advertising tells you about all the number of dishes and carvery that are available when in fact this is not the case at lunchtime. Not all stations were being used and no carvery was available and when questioned we were told that the number of dishes/options were increased for dinner and the carvery was only at dinner. Neither were there any dishes being cooked at live stations unless it means pizza preparation. And, as a by-the-way, they had on offer the worst pizza topping I have ever tasted - apple and grape! It tasted as bad as it sounds.They also had a dessert station with hot chocolate sauce which we were told was not to be used until dinner. On the basis of what was available their advertising is mis-leading and should be corrected.
Drinks were quite dear compared to food prices but staff were very pleasant and kept our table clear of dirty plates.
Overall it was disappointing but the curries are probably the best part (possibly due to the owners' heritage) and also, of course, the price.
I might try it again at dinner time but certainly with reduced expectations.

3  Thank HonestScotken
BISWAJIT2222, General Manager at Cook & Indi's World Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Respected sir,

Thanks for your feedback on 2th august one of our restaurant at Darnley. We respect your comments and try to work on any area if we can improve in future days to come.

I feel very sorry If certain things upset you. Our intention is to make customer happy and we feel honestly very sorry when unfortunately that goal not achieved. I have thoroughly study your feedback and will try to answer your review best of my knowledge and feedback I got from my store manager.

firstly I completely agree with you as we have less choice at lunch time compare to dinner menu, still we are giving largest choice of food in Scotland of around 50 to 60 dishes in lunch with very reasonable price of £6.99 onwards.

secondly we are committed to offer our customer what we are advertising. sir /madam with due respect every evening we offer more variety as we need to justify our increased price. we have more choice of starters ,more main courses, more oriental ,carver section and chocolate fountain.

thirdly you do not like certain pizza and I can not comments on as every individual have different test buds and we have 4 other type of pizza to test it if you do not like certain type of pizza and that is the beauty of buffet restaurant, you have always something to choose that pizza you taking about is second hot selling pizza in our business.

Fourthly regarding drinks price which to us very reasonable but definitely we will take your feedback and reanalysis price strategy in future days to come.

sir/madam

Like to see you back very soon and we will be glad to serve you in future days , if you think you have any further issues you want to share, please feel free to call me, I will be glad to speak to you.

Thanks and regards

Biswajit Roy
General Manager World Buffet Group
(07701050917)

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We posted a lengthy, detailed review of this place and we are shocked to see that it has disappeared. It was 'pending' for a few days and then disappeared.

Here are the salient points:

1. The place is filthy.
2. There are bones in the pakora.
3. We found a long black hair in a chicken curry.
4. We still have the receipt and the waitress reduced the bill dramatically because of the complaint we made, which she accepted as being justified.

We have been reviewing restaurants, hotels, locations and events for almost 6 years. It's is the worst place we have visited. Cook and Indi are persuaded to contact us through Trip Advisor and we will happily discuss the issues.

Lets be clear; this place is a health hazard and 3 of us felt unwell after visiting.

6  Thank GlasgowCurryClub
BISWAJIT2222, General Manager at Cook & Indi's World Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Respected sir,

Thanks for your review. I feel extremely upset and disturb after seeing this review .I will try to answer your points based on investigation I have done. I will appreciate if you have any more question please do not hesitate to call me on 07701050917.we are largest buffet chain in Scotland with 5restaurant in Glasgow serving 12 to 16 thousand customer in a week in each individual outlet and within every 4 to 5 months we are opening at least 1 new branches in Scotland because we know what we are doing and customer are loving our concept, quality, professionalism , atmosphere and variety .Our most of the chef are from extremely professionally qualified and coming from 5star hotel experience background managers are very strong with strong professional background and we really care to you customer,to us customer is god we try everything to make them happy.

Your first point was regarding floor cleaning we constantly brush floor at every time. we know cleanliness is next to godliness and we have checklist to sign so make sure floor is clean at every point of time.

Secondly there was never ever had bones in chicken pakora in the history of our business .sir there was an item called fried chicken which was just near chicken pakora which might be you have tried and every item we keep in buffet with properly labelled .

Thirdly you found hair in the food I feel very sorry. All chef are with hats and even the staff working in buffet area are with hats and it is compulsory for them but unfortunately still some times it happens in spite of taking all efforts to deliver best to customer because lots of customer coming in buffet area and all food are open and we understood your point and gave discount and ask apology to you.

Dear sir I again reaffirm our real commitment for customer service with passion,it was something completely isolated incident and like to invite you to come back to our place again.

Thanks & Regards