“Sister's Wedding 7th June”
Review of Orchard Park Hotel

Orchard Park Hotel
Ranked #63 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Would just like to thank Haley and her girls for making my sister and John's day one to remember. The O.P. is a perfect place for any intimate gathering, beautifully decorated, light and airy for a small venue with outside space. The food is simple but tastes wonderful. We all had a great day and will no doubt be back soon.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank furry46
There are newer reviews for Orchard Park Hotel

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had a small family wedding (40) at the Orchard Park yesterday. We cannot praise the staff enough. Haley and the girls were fabulous, the wedding was done exactly as we wanted it. The food was fabulous the drinks flowed the service was excellent. The staff were attentive and not intrusive, brilliant with the children. If you are looking for a small intimate venue that wont cost the earth but still looks good this is the perfect choice. The decor was gorgeous they had just finished the refurbishment so everything was fresh and new. All the family loved it. Thanks Haley you did a brilliant job. Cant wait to see all our photos. Thanks for making our day so special. Elaine and John.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We chose the OP as it was local for our needs. The staff were superb and made myself and 3 friends feel so at home. We had a few requests and every one was met with no trouble and a smile immediately. Rooms were immaculate and kept to a very high standard, with domestic staff more than happy to wait and fit around our times. Breakfast was delicious with friendly helpful staff who were very accommodating. The bar was fantastic and lively with a great bunch of bar and restaurant staff who neither rushed or left you waiting. Food was freshly made and beautifully presented and menu had lots of choice. The decor and atmosphere overall was second to none and I can't emphasise enough how great the OP was. I will most certainly be booking again and can highly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andwalker
Reviewed June 3, 2013

popped up to the Orchard Park hotel last Friday and got a nice surprise !
The bar and function room has just been totally renovated. They have made some really nice changes to the look of the place. I cant see how anyone could have a go at this place. Food is great and well priced, good drinks and atmosphere really does make it. All in all, a really good local that we are lucky to have !!!!!!!!
Oh, and the guys that own it are locals who actually care about their business and customers !! not many of them around !!!
Cheers
Craig from Newlands

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have been to this local bar many times in the last few years for lunch and dinner and have usually been fairly happy with the service. The last two times I have attended I have been unhappy with the service and I will not be returning. I was served by a boy at the bar who took my lunch order (which I had to repeat as he was not paying attention). I was then asked for proof of age to buy a soft drink at 2.30pm, and told that I looked too young to be 23. For a minute I thought they had put the age up to 25 and then emphasised that I was buying a non-alcoholic drink and that it was 2.30pm. I eventually got the food and drink but was left embarassed by the situation and will be taking my business else where.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We enjoyed two nights at the Orchard Park last weekend. Staff very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious and fresh [apart from orange juice and luke warm coffee] and staff listened to requests accurately. They showed a genuine interest in our visit and plans. Our room was spacious [twin-bedded] which they switched us to after I wasn't too keen to be squashed into a small double bed. We had a seating area and comfortable leather settee. The bathroom was tiny however and the beds quite uncomfortable. The manager mentioned that our room would be noisy as it was over the bar, but this didn't prove to be much of a problem, in fact. The rooms were well appointed and fresh, with plenty of tea, coffee, milk etc. We would definitely stay here again, and just hope they have changed the mattresses by then!

Room Tip: Room 8 over bar
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My family booked the newly refurbished function room on the ground floor for a celebration meal for over 20 of us. We had to wait for 1 hour and 3 minutes in order to get our food. We had a lot of children there and we asked several times when the food would be ready but were told on more than one occasion that it would only be '5 minutes'!!!!! Not only that, during our celebrations, 2 workmen stood at the window and kept looking in for 10 minutes. They then came into the function room and starting looking around the floor for another 10 minutes. No explanation was given whatsoever as to who they were, why they were there, etc. It was extremely disconcerting as we had children as young as 1 running around.

When we complained about the above, we were told by the manager 'YOU DID NOT WAIT FOR AN HOUR FOR FOOD', oh yes we did. The manager was nowhere to be seen throughout the waiting period. Regarding the workmen disturbing our celebrations ... he simply stated 'I TOLD THEM TO TELL YOU WHY THEY WERE THERE'!!!!!!!! What manager allows workmen not only to enter a private function when it is ongoing never mind asks them to explain to the party what they were doing????? If that is 25 years experience of family run hotelling then you should be ashamed of yourselves. We will ensure that none of our friends or family will booked with you as it really did put a dampner on the whole celebrations.

I feel truly sorry for the bar staff and kitchen staff who have to deal with such incompetent managers as it is them that truly face the brunt of the customers on the day.

1  Thank DMLM_13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glasgow
Redhurst Hotel
City Centre
Cathedral House Hotel
Cathedral House Hotel
#79 of 93 in Glasgow

Been to Orchard Park Hotel? Share your experiences!