“So good.... I don't want to tell anyone about it.”
Review of La Lanterna

La Lanterna
Reserve with OpenTable
La Lanterna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 2,429 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Winner of Best Restaurant and Best Team at the 2015 Italian Awards, La Lanterna has been serving customers Glasgow's finest Italian food experience for over 45 years. Situated opposite Central Station and adjacent to Radisson Blu Hotel, it is the ideal location for a business event or for visitors to the city. On offer are a fine selection of handmade pastas and raviolis with wild boar or seafood. For meat lovers there are a selection of steaks including both veal and beef T-bones. A selection of daily fish specials are always available along with an extensive Italian wine list selected from the finest vineyards in Italy. A warm welcome awaits in a friendly and intimate atmosphere in the heart of Glasgow.
Glasgow, Scotland
“So good.... I don't want to tell anyone about it.”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit to La Lanterns and I wanted to check out that it was as good as my first.
On arrival we were warmly greeted and shown to out table and were served our free glass of prosecco which you receive when you book online.
We all ordered from the A la Carte Menu as we were not on a cheap price or pre-theatre deal.
Our friends had pasta with king prawns. Portion size was excellent and they described the flavour as amazing.
My partner and I decided we would break with tradition and order steaks, so we had the ribeye and were not disappointed. The steak was succulent and tender and the size was more than adequate. Definitely one of the best steaks I have had in years and my partner thought the same.
La Lanterns is not the place to go for a quick pasta or pizza, in fact I don't think they even have pizza's on the menu.
This is the place to go if you enjoy good food, and want to experience a little bit of Italy in the heart of Glasgow. Prices average about £50 a couple with wine, so it won't break the bank.
Bellissimo !

1 Thank scotmad

• Polish first
Aberlour, United Kingdom
“great pre theatre menu...”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We booked a two course pre theatre meal with Prosecco through 5pm.co.uk.At £12.95 each it was a great deal and the food and service were wonderful.There was a great selection of startes mains and desserts.My salmon was lovely and my wife had a superbly cooked cannaloni pasta dish with great sauce.We shared a huge fresh salad which cost £3.50 extra.The creme brulee and tiramisu came with chocolate ,strawberries and berry compote.Terrific meal.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“excellent valentine's day meal”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

my fiancee and i came here for valentines day last year for a romantic meal for two.
we were met at the door and seated straight away and then presented with a glass of champagne.
we ate by candlelight while the lovely food kept coming.
the portions were great and they were very tasty, hats off to the chefs!
when we were finished as we were leaving my fiancee was given a rose as a thank you for coming which was appreciated.
we would definitely come back here for a meal.

• Visited February 2013
Darvel, United Kingdom
“Well worth the money!!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Lovely restaurant with a very good £50 per couple menu which includes a bottle of wine. You can upgrade the
wine ( which we did ), the food was exceptional and the service very prompt . Overall I will definitely be back.

Perth, United Kingdom
“Great food, pity about the slow service”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Went for lunch which was great value - £10.95 for 2 courses with a glass of prosecco. Main course were delicious....but we waited 25 minutes for our sweets to come, by which time one of our party had to leave. I had also asked for more water when this main courses were cleared and nobody came back til we got the sweets. The desserts once they came were lovely however, especially the tiramisu.
So very mixed feelings indeed about this place. Food was delicious and very good value indeed but the service was not up to scratch at all and what made it more disappointing rally was that they didn't seem very apologetic at all although. Did take £2 off the bill for the missed dessert.