“Nice anniversary meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Lanterna

La Lanterna
Ranked #34 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Winner of Best Restaurant and Best Team at the 2015 Italian Awards, La Lanterna has been serving customers Glasgow's finest Italian food experience for over 45 years. Situated opposite Central Station and adjacent to Radisson Blu Hotel, it is the ideal location for a business event or for visitors to the city. On offer are a fine selection of handmade pastas and raviolis with wild boar or seafood. For meat lovers there are a selection of steaks including both veal and beef T-bones. A selection of daily fish specials are always available along with an extensive Italian wine list selected from the finest vineyards in Italy. A warm welcome awaits in a friendly and intimate atmosphere in the heart of Glasgow.
Saltcoats, United Kingdom
“Nice anniversary meal”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Beautiful meal and very attentive staff. Only one small negative. We were there at 5.30 when restaurant opened and our tablecloth was stained. On looking around noticed the next table to us had a less than pristine cloth on it. It was obvious that as we were first customers that evening the tablecloths were not fresh on.

• Visited October 2013

• Polish first
St. Petersburg, Florida
“jumped”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

So, I decided I wanted to go here again, I had been here before with a group of people and thought the food was very good. Anyway, I went in by myself, stood there for a while, no one helped me, staff was going by and I stepped out of the way so they could get by. No one still helped me. Another person came in and went in front of me and asked if they had a table for two, and the host said yes. After that, the host still had not acknowledged me, so I tapped him on the shoulder and asked if there was possibly a table for me and was told no. I explained how the guy jumped in front of me and got a table. and they said sorry, but still couldn't get a table. I'm over it, just won't be my first stop anymore when I am in Glasgow. Won't recommend to visitors there. I went down the street to Pesto's and had a nice Italian tapas type of meal.

• Visited October 2013
5 Thank Gerald M
Warrington
“A good concierge recommendation”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

As stated we asked the concierge and he recommended this restaurant which was literally round the corner from our hotel. Don't be put off by the entrance as it's downstairs into the basement so has no windows. It doesn't need windows because the food and atmosphere is very engaging so you're happy to soak it all in.
No pizzas so if you want a pizza go elsewhere. The food is fantastic, pasta and sauces were so tasty really full of flavour and cooked to perfection no mushy pasta here- al dente as it should be.
Very good wine selection.
As stated the atmosphere was buzzing with new and regular customers. A good recommendation which I thanked the concierge for.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank fit2live
Kincardineshire
“Reliable and welcoming”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Having visited this restaurant before, we decided to go agaIn because the food is good and the service very personal. We pre-booked on-line which entitles you to a complimentary glass of Prosecco, which is a nice touch outside of Italy. They still serve T-bone steaks which has become a rarity in Britain. All the steaks are cooked really well and the fish dishes delicately flavoursome. I've not tried any of the pasta dishes as they are made with fresh with eggs to which I have an allergy, but I'm assured they are really good. La Lanterna has been a firm favourite with locals for many years and it is clearly obvious why they keep going back

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sybil N
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Beautiful”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My partner often has to go to Glasgow for business and found this place due it's proximity to the snooker club, but now goes to La Lanterna without fail, every time because the food is so good.

I was glad to finally see what he was raving about. Everything was perfectly cooked, the staff were really friendly and not over attentive, I want to eat my meal with the company I've chosen and not to be continually interrupted, the staff had it spot on for me. And it's incredible to think anyone could make prawns on garlic bread with sweet chilli sauce work, but yeah, it was pretty good and the parma wrapped monkfish, incredible. I also suggest listening to the sommelier, he was spot on!

Visited February 2013