“Italy Revisited”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Lanterna

La Lanterna
Ranked #35 of 2,393 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Winner of Best Restaurant and Best Team at the 2015 Italian Awards, La Lanterna has been serving customers Glasgow's finest Italian food experience for over 45 years. Situated opposite Central Station and adjacent to Radisson Blu Hotel, it is the ideal location for a business event or for visitors to the city. On offer are a fine selection of handmade pastas and raviolis with wild boar or seafood. For meat lovers there are a selection of steaks including both veal and beef T-bones. A selection of daily fish specials are always available along with an extensive Italian wine list selected from the finest vineyards in Italy. A warm welcome awaits in a friendly and intimate atmosphere in the heart of Glasgow.
Dumbarton
“Italy Revisited”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

A real flavour of Italy and we have been regular customers since it opened in the early 1970's. The food is excellent and the staff are very knowledgeable of the food on the menu

Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Glasgow
“Fantastic as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I've been many times since my last review but have to review it again.

Fantastic, lovely food, nice Italian feel. I've eaten a la carte and the winter menu, both brilliant. The winter menu is brilliant value (£50 for 3 courses + coffee for 2 people). We have had this menu often before going to a gig, it's hard to beat in terms of taste/value for money, everything.

As ever, the cheesecake is to die for (and in truth I would normally avoid a dessert in favour of a starter and main).

This restaurant never fails to deliver, if you've not been, then why not!!

• Visited April 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best Italian in Glasgow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Everything made from fresh, service excellent. Best Italian meal I've had in Glasgow!! We went because we were recommended by friends and we weren't disappointed, everybody I know who had eaten here has really enjoyed it.

Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Nice surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Had a meal here in the early part of January, had a half portion of seafood pasta to start which was very good, my partner had the bruschetta which was also very good, both had steak which we enjoyed and were cooked well but what let it down was the sauces( luckily they came on the side) my wife's blue cheese did not resemble a nice creamy blue cheese sauce, I think it was made with Demi glaze? And my Diane was very bland, in saying this the steak and sides were very good, we had a nice red wine, but no deserts as we were full, one complaint was after our meal the waiters kept asking us if we wanted anything else, we told three of them that we had, had enough and were going to enjoy our wine, talk to each other guys! Lovely setting for the restaurant though and the decor is really rustic and cosy

• Visited January 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Everything about the experience of visiting this restaurant was excellent. Is a very small quaint restaurant with a very warm and welcoming atmosphere. The fish food in particular of worthy of extolling. The seabass with chilli sauce is absolutely exquisite and for a start I would recommend the king prawns with chilli sauce cooked Mediterranean style on a bed of toasted bread. I will guarantee you will find a food tasty and very filling as the portion sizes are perfect. I have visited this restaurant many times and I have taken friends and colleagues along to it and they themselves have also been extremely impressed. Strong recommendation. What more can I say? Overall, you will not be disappointed!

Visited March 2013