“Great Food, Great Atmosphere”
Review of La Lanterna

La Lanterna
Ranked #30 of 2,486 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Winner of Best Restaurant and Best Team at the 2015 Italian Awards, La Lanterna has been serving customers Glasgow's finest Italian food experience for over 45 years. Situated opposite Central Station and adjacent to Radisson Blu Hotel, it is the ideal location for a business event or for visitors to the city. On offer are a fine selection of handmade pastas and raviolis with wild boar or seafood. For meat lovers there are a selection of steaks including both veal and beef T-bones. A selection of daily fish specials are always available along with an extensive Italian wine list selected from the finest vineyards in Italy. A warm welcome awaits in a friendly and intimate atmosphere in the heart of Glasgow.
Reviewed January 28, 2012

La Lanterna is fast becoming our favourite place in town to go for a meal. The staff are always very welcoming and friendly. The evening menu has something for everyone and still authentic Italian. I have always thoroughly enjoyed my food at La Lanterna and I have tried just about everything.

Would recommend La Lanterna to anyone who enjoys authentic Italian cuisine at reasonable prices.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

Fab meal for eight of us at La Lanterna. My parents used to go 20 years ago. Still owned by the same family according to website. Just such a lovely change to the usual chain restaurants I eat in when in cities around the UK. Food excellent. Wine reasonably priced. Service good. Prices very reasonable. Will definitely go back (in fact I am for lunch - today!)

Reviewed January 25, 2012

Visited La Lanterna for the first time on a rainy Burns' night. We were warmly welcomed and seated immediately although we had not booked. The staff were helpful and jovial without being too "in yer face". I had the beef fillet penne (as recommended by another reviewer) and my wife had the goats cheese and pepper ravioli. Both were delicious and very generous portions which left us feeling rather full, but we forced ourselves to sample a couple of items from the dessert menu which were equally decadent. Will definitely be back in the near future.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

I am a regular visitor to Italy and have to say that the food here was the best I have had outside of Italy. The surroundings just make you feel you are in a little part of Tuscany. The food is authentic and the service is excellen and friendly. I cannot wait till my next visit which will certainly be soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

A very well cooked reasonably priced meal. We were warmly greeted on arrival and the staff were friendly and very attentive.
It is a restaurant I would return to again and again