“Fantastic meal”

Neighborhood: City Centre
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Booked based on trip advisor reviews
The reviews tell the truth - a great meal served with charm and friendliness
The food was exquisite - a great night
Three courses and a complimentary starter and a vodka jelly to round the night off
Thanks to Ali and the rest of the team

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A warm welcome”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

As we arrived, we were greeted as soon as we entered. The staff quickly showed us to our table. The staff did all that they could to ensure that we were comfortable upon arriving, e.g. water on the table and small appetisers.
The menu offered a good choice of dishes. It would be nice if they offered more in the future possibly, but don't let that put you off. The chefs have clearly presented dishes that ensure that you experience the full flavour of Indian cooking.
All of us ordered different dishes, and each one was as good as the other. No one at our table could fault anything. As a lover of spicy food, I made a joke to one of the staff members that they could have made it hotter for me. Moments later, another bowl of curry was presented to the table. As the staff member walked away laughing, we could see this new dish was filled with chilli - "Challenge accepted".
After finishing my punishment from the chefs, I complimented the staff on the dish. Even with a dish that intense, the chefs still managed to create a tasty curry. They talked to us about why they don't usually put out dishes this hot, explaining about how it's so important to taste the unique spices to each dish.
We certainly didn't expect the staff to be so passionate about their dishes, but it was a very welcome and refreshing change!
All of us will certainly be returning in the near future!

Preston, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Dropped into Charcoals on Friday evening, we had no booking but we were found a table after a short wait. Quickly presented with drinks and menus and lovely crisp poppadoms. Finally decided on lamb chops which were delivered on a sizzling platter accompanied by a rich tangy sauce. The food and service was excellent at a very reasonable cost. Would definitely recommend a visit.

Scotland
“Absulotely Brilliant”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

My family and I went to charcoals for our lunch today and it was lovely - best restaurant I've been to in a while. The service was fantastic, the starte took about 10 minutes to come out and once we were finished our dinner was there straight away. The waiters couldn't have been more helpful as they always had a smile on there face and asked a couple of times if you needed anything. The food was beautiful - I myself had the Chicken South Indian Chilli curry which was amazing, it was quite spicy but it was beautiful. My parents thoroughly enjoyed their chicken bhoona also. The price was very good as there was three of us and I would definetly go there again.

1 Thank Kellyt9254
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Top Notch”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We vistited this restaurant for my sisters birthday. I booked on line and mentioned it was her birthday and they really made a fuss of us. The broad of 7 were well catered for. The food is gorgeous, Indian food isn't really my thing, but it is now - I've obviously been eating in the wrong restaurants! The chicken boona was fantastic and everyone agreed that this is now their favourite dining place. No, its not fancy, but the food is superb, the staff are excellent and the price is spot on. Big shout out to Ali and his staff who made it a very memorable day! Ps loved the pictures of all the athelets you showed us who frequented your restaurant during the Games - shows how good your food is. And we will be back again, for sure.