“the new charcoal restaurant”
Review of Charcoals

Charcoals
Reserve with OpenTable
Charcoals is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 2,413 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“the new charcoal restaurant”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stumbled across the new charcoal restaurant in Argyll street yesterday while looking for a Currie after returning from holiday abroad and being. Currie-less for some weeks. The restaurant has only been open for six weeks but the chef is obviously doing a fine job as the food we received was excellent. It was also very good value for money.
The restaurant is presently a byob, which isn't a problem as there are a number of offsales nearby. They are also hoping to receive an alcohol license in the near future.
If the standard of service and cooking we received continues then I am sure the restaurant will be a great success

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fantastic!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Having read reviews on this website and bearing in mind its location(5 mins walk from our hotel) this seemed to be the best fit for a meal on our first of 2 nights in Glasgow. It was reasonably busy for a sunday night but not too busy and we did not have to book. The service was excellent and we were regularly attended to by very polite waiters. The food was amazing from starter through to main course but we were very impressed by some small complimentary dishes we were given to try. Beautiful food, presentation and we were shocked to see how little it came to when we got the bill. If you are in Glasgow and wondering where to go, then this is the place!

• Visited October 2013
“Couldn't ask for a better birthday!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Went to charcoals on Sunday for my 30th birthday meal. From start 2 finish it was amazing couldn't wish for a better night. The guys put balloons & banner up (so thoughtful,) the food is out of this world. Extra wee treats at the table (try the special nan, wow!) & the embarrassing happy birthday sing-a-long from all the staff & also the customers from the other tables haha it did make me chuckle. Ice cream sundae with a candle on top was the icing on the cake as you would say. To all of the staff at charcoals thank you again, you's all made my night very memorable. & to all the readers you will not be disappointed the food, staff & atmosphere fantastically amazing!!!

Edinburgh, Scotland
“The reviews say it all”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I'm only writing this review having several happy visits as I told our host Abdullah I wanted to give them credit for another great meal. At the time of writing they had 888 excellent reviews. What can I say? Really friendly staff, great food, great location and it's a pleasure to eat in their restaurant. We had poppadoms and pickles and fish pakora to start. Half way through they brought an extra poppadom and some special dip on the house. It was delicious. My wife had fish masala and I had chilli garlic lamb. Both were full of flavour. Abdullah made our spontaneous Tues evening dinner out into a really enjoyable evening. It's great value for money and we left happy to have given them our custom.

Aberdeen, Scotland
“What a fabulous meal!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We turned up at Charcoals with no booking on a Saturday evening and they were very busy, but suggested that we went for a drink in a nearby pub and came back in 15 minutes. We duly did that and were seated and were looked after really well.
Even though there were about 15 men on the next table singing and have a good time, the atmosphere was great.
I had the signature Charcoals chicken tikka dish and can honestly say it was out of this world. Diferent styles of tikka were cooked to perfection and so tasty.
Highly recommend you try this dish! I thought how interesting could they make chicken tikka, but I was very wrong.