“Excellent Indian Restuarant”
Review of Charcoals

Charcoals
Reserve with OpenTable
Charcoals is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 2,473 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We arrived on a Sunday evening at around 6pm without a booking and were shown to a table quite promptly.

The waiter came and took our drink order and asked if we wanted pompadoms which we did. They arrived very quickly and the spiced onions were great. The drinks then arrived and our waiter brought us over some Masala pompadoms and some chick-pea thing to try. Chick-peas arent usually my thing but this was lovely.

We placed our order and our starters arrived. The Chicken pakora again was very tasty and the creamy garlic mushroom dish was to die for!! Whilst we were tucking into this our waiter arrived at the table with Spicy chicken wings to try. Well these wings were quality and very tasty. We kept saying to each other we didn't order this but the waiter kept on saying just try.

Our mains arrived and they were again 1st class. I had the South Indian chilli garlic chicken and my wife had Chicken patia with rice and a naan bread, Both dishes were very tasty and 1 of the best Indian dishes we've had in this country. Again the waiter arrived with a "special Naan" to try.

We couldn't managed to eat all the food that was given to us as they kept bringing other dishes to try. We asked for the bill and the waiter brought us some Vodka jellies to try this time.

Our bill came to just £52 (which included a service charge) for all our food 2 vodka's and 2 large cobra's. This was brilliant value and I thoroughly reccomend you try this place out.

The service throughout the meal was 1st class and the waiters were very attentive to your needs.

Before we left we got another Vodka jelly!!

We will defo be back when next in Glasgow.

There are newer reviews for Charcoals

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Was staying in Glasgow over the weekend with my wife celebrating our wedding anniversary. Stumbled across Charcoals and had a fantastic meal and very reasonably priced. The staff were very attentive and polite and a special mention to 'Ali' for his welcome and photographic skills (took a photo of the occasion, printed and framed). Thankyou for a lovely meal, will definitely be back. Thoroughly recommended!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We went to Charcoals tonight as it was my birthday! The staff are very helpful & friendly! The food was great & portions massive! Can't find a single fault with the place! Thanks Ali for my photo, ice cream & birthday drink! Can't wait to visit again. Debbie

2  Thank Debz279
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Greeted immediately on arrival and moved to a different table when we mentioned the extremely noisy group nearby. The food was very good value and tasty and we were given a free drink of our choice at the end of the evening. Our fellow diners were friendly and animated and although the surrounding are fairly ordinary, we left with a warm feeling of a good night out.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I returned to Charcoals once again but this time bringing my very good friend Sir Jeremy with me. He was absolutely overawed with the food provided during the evening, so much so that he is still raving about it almost a week later, he really should get out a bit more! But saying that he won't find a better Indian restaurant north of the border. For me personally it was once again quite sublime with Ali leading the way at front of house with his well trained and friendly staff providing us with exceptional fayre yet again. I look forward to returning in a few weeks time when back in Glasgow for another trip. If you haven't yet tried Charcoals please do so as the food and service are quite superb, all at a very reasonable price and served in an extremely efficient and friendly way. Thanks again.

1  Thank Howard R