“the only Indian Restaurant I go to now !”
Review of Charcoals

Charcoals
Ranked #44 of 2,450 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Motherwell, United Kingdom
“the only Indian Restaurant I go to now !”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I went for my son's birthday and although we have been a number of times and enjoyed it tremendously, Ali and his team could not have done more for my son's birthday, a window seat, baloons, banners, they sang happy birthday and brought him icecream with a candle and even took his picture and gave it to him. where in the UK do you get this treatment, it reminded me of being on holiday abroad which we usually are on his birthday. the pre-theatre was more than enough for us and as usuall all the pakoras were so fresh and light, I dont normally enjoy the vegetable pakora but it is lovely here, you never feel rushed and it is so relaxing whether it be lunch or dinner, the service and food is superb, I will be booking up again to return in the next few weeks, my son never really liked Indian food before he tried Charcoals and he is 17 so that speaks for itself.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Indian in Glasgow”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Been several times and food, atmosphere and service are excellent. Ali usually meets each set of guests as they come in and always gives a warm handshake to returning customers. Took three friends there tonight (27/08/13) and they were blown away with the service and the quality of the food. Staff are constantly checking if all is well at the table and Ali oversees all of this with a friendly and efficient manner and provides little extras to regulars. Now our favourite Indian in town and so central and handy for transport. Strongly recommend you try it out. Be back soon. Tom.

Visited August 2013
Glasgow
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Indian food I have had”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My Mother and I came to this restaurant just before 14:00 and we were simply amazed about how attentive the staff were and they were not being pushy. The Maitre d', Ali deserves all the awards he gets and the same goes for the chef and the food. My Mother had what she descibed as the best prawn cocktail of her life and the fish for her main course was cooked to perfection. I had pakoras and a lamb biriyani and the pakoras were not greasy and did not leave a sticky taste in your mouth, and as for the biriyani. Well it was cooked from scratch using no artificial ingredients and you could tell when you ate it that this was a first class meal and well worth every penny. We will not hesitate in coming back again.

Clydebank, Scotland
“Not as good as expected”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I'd seen many reviews of Charcoals and wondered if it was really as good as its top twenty rating suggested. Sadly, in my opinion, it's not. Charcoals has a rather dingy interior that feels cramped and dark and the tables are too close together. The starters of chana poori were just OK, the poori was a bit dense and greasy and chana wasn't spicy enough. The south Indian chilli chicken main course was certainly hot as described but lacked any depth of taste. The rice and naans were good. I visited the toilets in the basement and they were adequate. On the way back up to the restaurant I passed what looked like a store room where lots of 2.5 kilo tubs of a well known brand of curry pastes were stored. That's probably why the food in this place is, at best, just average.

1 Thank Little_Mill
Hafnarfjordur, Iceland
“Indian food lovers must try this one”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

On our first visit to Glasgow, we wanted to taste the best food the city had to offer. So we carefully selected the restaurants based on reviews and information gathered from online and from friends. Charcoals was one of our selected restaurants, so we went there with some expectations due to its good reputation. To be honest, it exceeded our expectations by far.
From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, we were treated like royalty by the staff. Head waiter Ali went out of his way to make this the ultimate dinner experience for us and the food was absolutely amazing.
Dont miss this one if you are in Glasgow!