“been again tremendous”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Charcoals

Charcoals
Reserve with OpenTable
Charcoals is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: City Centre
Motherwell, United Kingdom
“been again tremendous”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

i love this placeit is the best, its my favourite night out, ohhhh chicken or lamb melts in your mouth and the pardesi yum yum, everything seems as if it is home made, no grease or fat, nan breads so tasty, i even get to take my doggy bag home i can never finish it but enjoy it the next day i now want to go there !!! but its closed

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Service and food that will make you want to return time and time again.”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have been to Charcoals on a few occasions and each time I was not let down by the amazing things I had heard about it from friends. As soon as you cross the threshold you are greeted with the most inviting smells and even warmer smiles from the staff. You are made to feel like an old friend that has been gone for a number of years!

The food is classic and extremely tasty, and you will never leave wishing that you had had a bit more food. It isl the little extras that Ali will bring over to you and tell you try that really make a night here special. Overall, the food here will never disappoint and the service is something that you genuinely will never forget and will keep you coming time and time again.

You are treated as guests when you enter charcoals, not customers, and you leave as friends.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Ben J
gourock
“fantastic faultless restaurant”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

went for a meal on new years eve with my wife and daughter.It was first class from start to finish,made to feel very welcome on arrival, given great advice on the food ,given several free samples to taste to see what we thought of the food -all delicious.All the food we ordered was fresh ,hot and very tasty and given time between courses to enjoy our food.All the staff were perfect gentlemen ,nothing was a problem to them.It was great food at a great price. We can not recommend this restaurant highly enough,the best meal we have had for a long time.

Sheffield
“Very good but no more than that......”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Having read such fantastic reviews on TA, I was a little disappointed in my dining experience. Yes, the food was very good - cannot fault it, and the service was great. But I am at a loss to understand what makes this the second best restaurant in Glasgow (according to TA). I was immediately disappointed when I entered the restaurant as it has a cafe feel - small and functional. There are nice touches such as the vodka jelly and amaretto offered at the end of the meal. This sounds like a negative review but in fact I would recommend this place as the food is really very good. But if you've not visited before, just remember to manage your expectations a little!

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Some of the best food I've ever eaten.”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Awesome food, all cooked fresh and from scratch and the service is incredible as well. The people running the place know how to feed its customers.

The staff help you out by recommending dishes and explaining how it is cooked too. I thought this was great.
As we were waiting for the food, our waiter brought to us, three different dishes of food we didn't even order, saying "try this" or "i think you might like this" all of which was not charged to our bill.
There is a sense of passion for the food cooked in this place, that you don't find in many places.