Tripadvisor

from $19.91
from $45.63
from $49.77
More Info
All reviews pump house tasting glass production process self guided sharing platter whisky experience well stocked shop scotch whisky whisky making great tour informative tour tasting session single malt for sale great afternoon visiting glasgow great place to visit
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very pleasant guide. Lots of interesting information on whisky and its importance in the growth of Glasgow. Preferred the spoken commentary to the well written displays. Tasting well handled, informative and enjoyable.

Date of experience: January 2020
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
catmarney, Finance and Office Administrator at The Clydeside Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi 90milesanhour,

Thank you for taking the time to write us this nice review! Great to hear that you enjoyed the tasting and the information on the shared history of Glasgow and whisky. In terms of feedback its useful to hear that you prefer the personal touch of our real life tour guides - they're very passionate whisky enthusiasts!

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited here with my partner, having never visited a distillery before. We ventured into the cafe as we were early and were politely greeted by the friendly staff. I ordered the hot toddy (£4), my partner had a scone (homemade and fresh out the oven-£3) and a hot chocolate (£2.50). The scone came with jam, clotted cream and butter. The scone was literally one of the best scones I’ve ever tasted and my partner thought the same, it smelled amazing and like I said, was made fresh this morning (as told by the waiter. My hot toddy was also very nice, perfect for the cold weather. The hot chocolate was also nice and both hot drinks came with a piece of shortbread. We then were on with our tour with our tour guide, Ronny. He was very friendly, informative and just a pleasure to have as a tour guide, always open to answering any questions you had. The tour consisted of informative videos, displays and Ronny’s expertise too. We then had a tasting of 5 Scottish whiskeys (the distillery doesn’t currently make any yet, however will be by the end of the year). The tastings were lovely and were accompanied by chocolates which complimented each tasting perfectly. The tour then ended with us all being given a whisky tasting glass which I thought was a very nice touch. Ronny is a great tour guide and I hope he receives praise as you could really tell he has a passion for this. Would definitely recommend.

Hello traveller201777,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to review your Chocolate and Whisky Tour with Ronny!

So kind of you to write such an informative and detailed review. This time of year is a great time to enjoy a hot toddy and a scone - nothing quite beats it! You're completely right - Ronny is such a passionate guide and we will be sure to let him know that you found his tour so enjoyable.

We hope we can welcome you back in the cafe or on tour soon!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Was walking past and went in for lunch. Really nicely refurbished building. Customer service was top class in the cafe. Had soup which was very good. Had a Arran Gold Coffee which I highly recommend. Didn't go on the tour but definitely would another time. Looked like they had a well stocked shop with a wide range of whiskies too. Recommend.

Hi 121017,

What good luck that you happened to pass by! Thanks very much for taking the time out to write us this kind review.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for another Arran Gold Coffee or even a tour.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fabulous whisky and chocolate tour at the Clydeside Distillery. Enjoy a short tour including a little history of the pump house building before enjoying a selection of whiskey and a browse around the well stocked shop. Louise our tour guide was lovely - knowledgeable, chatty and friendly. Highly recommend to anyone visiting Glasgow or looking for something different to do at the weekend. You don't need to be a whisky conisseur or lover of the amber nectar to enjoy the tour.

Hi elaineschester,

Louise is a chatty and knowledgeable woman - she will pleased to hear that you enjoyed her tour. Thanks very much for taking the time to write this really sincere and informative recommendation. Feel free to pop back to try another tour or, perhaps next year, sample some more of our own amber nectar!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came here first thing in the morning on Friday. I was lucky enough to get Ronny all to myself on the tour. I was given an awesome education about the history of scotch whisky as well as the Morrison family. There was a very clear, technical explanation about the complex distilling process, followed by a whisky tasting session. Ronny guided me through the flavours and helped me to appreciate what was going into the taste of each whisky I experienced. Overall, an awesome experience and definitely one of my favourite moments in Glasgow.

Date of experience: January 2020
catmarney, Office and Finance Administrator at The Clydeside Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Chinny_Chindian,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this review and for your kind words. Its great to hear you enjoyed your wee private tour with Ronny, he is a very passionate whisky enthusiast.

We look forward to welcoming you back on one of our tours or perhaps to sample our whisky, some time soon!

Best wishes,