TripAdvisor

“Horrible avoid ”
Review of Yippon

Yippon
Ranked #880 of 2,919 Restaurants in Glasgow
Description: A contemporary showcase of quality, fast casual dining and crisp, modern design; Yippon is a landmark Grab 'N' Go eatery which brings a slice of the Asian culture to Glasgow.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Horrible food and very rude staff. Never ever again . I couldn’t even eat the half of my food is was just disgusting

What a waste of money

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (32)

Reviewed September 28, 2019 via mobile

Absolute disgrace popped in on Saturday night 15 minutes before closing and ordered Chicken Satay with noodles and Sweet and Sour with noodles, the staff looked as if they had enough for the night. When putting my order into bag a staff member dropped allowing sauce to come out but then just put into new bag, when challenged him he said still sauce in meal, I told him he had spilt more than half and until I insisted he replace he was clearly not bothered, worse still got home and the satay had no sauce on the noodles and chicken at all, because closing they had clearly not been bothered to make full meal. It was bland, tasteless and total rip off. Customer service a joke.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 19, 2019

Food is always great at Yippon, always really fresh and great value for money! Service is always quick, even when the queue seems a mile long! Staff are all really nice, friendly and very obliging. The space itself has a modern airy vibe where you feel very welcome, the restaurant and loos are always spotlessly clean.
Really like food is also sold in eco-friendly packaging and recycling is encouraged.
Prices have gone up slightly since opening but still worth every penny!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 17, 2019

I visit Yippon each time I visit Glasgow because their food is so good! Whether you're looking for a drink, starter, mains or dessert you can find it at Yippon.

The wakame salad was tasty and not too salty like some other Japanese restaurants serve. It was also not too spicy despite fresh chillies being used. The prawn tempura curry is a huge sized serving with fluffy rice, plenty of curry sauce and 3 freshly fried prawn tempura. The tempura was perfectly cooked and the prawn just right inside. I struggled to finish it because there was so much rice! Moderately priced too. The poke bowl is a nice mix of fish, rice and vegetables.

Their bubble tea is flavoursome and not too sweet. I got the Thai iced tea with soy milk and no ice. They also sell crepe cakes in a variety of different flavours - I tried the passion fruit one and found it okay (not too sweet but there was a lot of cream).

Everything is moderately priced and the food is much better quality than YO! Sushi (who claim to be authentically Japanese). Yippon is popular with students and business people alike and is located not too far from George Square. Service is quick and efficient, and the staff are helpful too. The only thing I would say is that the fridge items sell out quite quickly and are not always restocked - last time I wanted a poke bowl but they didn't have any. Sushi boxes and salads tend to go quickly as people pass by on their lunch break but it is worth the short wait for their hot food too.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed September 4, 2019

We were staying in the Premier Inn over the road for 4 nights and needed a reasonably priced place to get a takeaway but not the mainstream McDonalds, KFC etc. This foodie place does have a restaurant but we have a toddler who is rather rowdy in restaurants so we wanted to take our food back to our hotel to avoid disturbing other restaurant visitors. The first night we just had light snacks because we weren't too hungry and we wanted to test the quality. The food was brilliant and reasonably priced. We returned the next day for a much bigger meal with ice cream and really enjoyed it again taking the food back to our hotel room. We like to get different food each place we visit in the world and despite visiting a lot of places in the world, this was a very unique place to visit with unique options on the menu. Prices were very reasonable especially considering the uniqueness of the food. The service was great too and we hope to go back here when we are visiting Glasgow in the future.

Date of visit: August 2019