“Lovely Birthday lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Number 16

Number 16
Reserve with OpenTable
Number 16 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 2,393 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Award- winning restaurant in the heart of Glasgow's West End. Number 16 is a cosy, well established and much loved neighbourhood favourite offering quality food, friendly service and great value in relaxed surroundings. Run by a tight- knit, experienced and dedicated team; Number 16 is proud to bring fresh and unusual ideas to modern Scottish cooking. Our ever- changing menu features imaginative, balanced flavours; strong international influences and a commitment to using seasonal produce. We strive to make each dining experience a relaxing, unique and memorable one for every customer. In 2010, Number 16 was awarded an Eat Scotland Silver Award and won best restaurant in the 'Smart But Casual' category at the annual Glasgow Restaurant Awards.In December 2011 Number 16 was awarded an AA Rosette.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Lovely Birthday lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

I was taken here, as a treat for my birthday and all I can say is WOW!

Initially I was a bit unsure, as I had never heard of the place, however my partner was adamant that this was THE place to go - he was correct.

It’s a beautiful, cosy little restaurant, which is beautifully decorated inside - ocean village theme comes to mind. The staff are brilliant; very attentive, witty with the banter and make you feel so welcome...nothing is too much trouble.

The food is absolutely amazing! I had the following options from the Lunch menu: -

Starter: Salad of figs, feta, rhubarb and Israeli cous cous with watercress, rhubarb vinaigrette and dukkah.

Main: Braised Ramsay’s of Carluke pork belly with shallot puree, wild mushrooms, peas, broccoli ketchup and crispy shallots.

My partner had: -

Starter: Deep fried ham hock with panko, pea puree, goats cheese mousse, puy lentils, pickled onions and beetroot puree.

Main: Braised Ramsay’s of Carluke pork belly with shallot puree, wild mushrooms, peas, broccoli ketchup and crispy shallots - it was that good we had to order the same main!

I can't say enough good things about how delicious the food was....YUM YUM YUM!!!!!

Definitely one to visit, and go back to again, again, again, again and again!

• Visited June 2014

Glasgow
“Quality with creativity”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

I think Glasgow must be a highly competitive place to own a restaurant and I have been recently bemused by average restaurants zooming up to the top 20 or so and quality but more expensive places left well behind. With this background my wife and I were invited to join friends at this restaurant which occupies No 1 slot.
It's a small informal place . What struck us both was the creativity expressed for each dish on the menu. The food was of good quality in our opinion and the tastes new and unexpected. We would certainly give our top marks to the chef.
For us it's not top restaurant in a Glasgow but what we enjoyed was good.

Visited August 2014
Irvine, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great as always!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Delicious food, lovely staff and cosy atmosphere. Banana and peanut crumble was the best dessert I have ever had! Will be back!

1 Thank ZanetaAndLuke
Glasgow
“Room for improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Nice little restaurant. Couldn't fault the service but errors were evident in the execution of the cooking. The pomme Anna which accompanied the hanger steak had an over-abundance of rosemary which killed the dish. The other main of scallops was excellently cooked with subtle flavours of salsify and artichoke.
The chocolate tart was poorly executed. The pastry was too thick and undercooked but the ganache filling was sound.

All in all, decent, but not flawless. Try Cail Bruich for perfection.

• Visited October 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

Romantic dinner for me and the wife and itas just the perfect spot.
From the food to the service everything was perfect. Already thinking of goin back with some friends that are coming to visit us from aberdeen.

• Visited July 2014