“Excellent little gem”
Review of Number 16

Number 16
Reserve with OpenTable
Number 16 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 2,568 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Award- winning restaurant in the heart of Glasgow's West End. Number 16 is a cosy, well established and much loved neighbourhood favourite offering quality food, friendly service and great value in relaxed surroundings. Run by a tight- knit, experienced and dedicated team; Number 16 is proud to bring fresh and unusual ideas to modern Scottish cooking. Our ever- changing menu features imaginative, balanced flavours; strong international influences and a commitment to using seasonal produce. We strive to make each dining experience a relaxing, unique and memorable one for every customer. In 2010, Number 16 was awarded an Eat Scotland Silver Award and won best restaurant in the 'Smart But Casual' category at the annual Glasgow Restaurant Awards.In December 2011 Number 16 was awarded an AA Rosette.
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Meal for four of us. All the food was excellent and wine good and reasonably priced. Staff very accommodating of my mobility problems and dietary needs. Lovely atmosphere. A favourite Glasgow restaurant I would highly recommend it. It is small so book in advance.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,849)

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Was on top of our list for a while now and we finally had the time to go. The Ford was mouthwatering and the service was amazing. Will go again and again and again

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

The food was simply amazing! Every little thing from the homemade bread to the desert at the end was excellent. The restaraunt itself is incredible, it was warm (which was great as it was the end of November and a very cold night) and felt very homely. The service was fantastic, very attentive and friendly and there were no long periods of waiting. All things considered it is probably the best restaraunt I've been to in the West End and I'm definitely planning a return visit.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Booked Number 16 by chance whilst searching for a restaurant in the West End offering a pre- theatre menu. Couldn't believe our luck when we enjoyed quite fantastic food, excellent service and beautiful wine for about £15 a head. Although small, the clever use of mirrored glass makes the restaurant not claustrophobic in any way. I thought long and hard before writing this review as to whether to share my experience or to keep it a secret for my own enjoyment. Altruism won. Enjoy!

1  Thank Douglas A
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Both my hubby and I had wanted to eat here for quite some time, because of the fab reviews. We booked the on line offer £15.95 for 3 courses and a glass of wine. Superb value and service. Both our meals, all 3 courses were well presented and delicious. Cosy little restaurant which I shall return to soon.