“What a find!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Number 16

Number 16
Reserve with OpenTable
Number 16 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 2,387 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Award- winning restaurant in the heart of Glasgow's West End. Number 16 is a cosy, well established and much loved neighbourhood favourite offering quality food, friendly service and great value in relaxed surroundings. Run by a tight- knit, experienced and dedicated team; Number 16 is proud to bring fresh and unusual ideas to modern Scottish cooking. Our ever- changing menu features imaginative, balanced flavours; strong international influences and a commitment to using seasonal produce. We strive to make each dining experience a relaxing, unique and memorable one for every customer. In 2010, Number 16 was awarded an Eat Scotland Silver Award and won best restaurant in the 'Smart But Casual' category at the annual Glasgow Restaurant Awards.In December 2011 Number 16 was awarded an AA Rosette.
“What a find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Perfect restaurant for an informal meal or a celebration. Gorgeous food in a friendly atmosphere and value for money.

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Best place in Glasgow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Been going here for years and just can't fault it. The prices for the set menus at lunchtime and pre-theatre are so cheap and you get a fantastically original menu for that price. Excellent wine list, dreamy puddings and first-class service. Hard to drag ourselves to try anywhere else.

Visited October 2012
Grantham, United Kingdom
“You wouldn't know it was a bistro!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I went to No.16 for a wee reunion with friends and I have to say I actually walked past the door, you just wouldn't know it was there!

The table we had was under the stairs and unfortunately a friend banged her head, the waiter laughed!

We had the set lunch menu which is fantastic value for money. If I remember correctly something like £15 for 2 courses and a glass of vino. I don't drink wine and they were very happy to swap for a bottle of lager.

We were offered gorg bread rolls with an olive oil/balsamic vinegar dip and no sooner had 1 friend finished her starter then the mains were brought to our table - very quick! I had the chicken pie which was scrummy and the lemon and coconut cheese cake with lemon sorbet - it was light and delicious ... although I did have to ask if we could have a bit of a wait time between main and pud ... there was just enough - not too full but not hungry either.

What I didn't know is that we were on a time frame ... again I think it was hour and half (I may be wrong) so no longer had you finished a drink and your food you were expected to vacate for the next sitting ... a little disappointing as I would of loved to stay and chat.

1 Thank 5pud
“Little Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Fancied a nice luch on Saturday with my husband and my father-in-law and found this little gem of a place.
Very cosy, the staff are friendly (always nice to see a smile) and the food was amazing.
Cant wait to go back.

“Faultless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Enjoyed a 3 course meal and great coffee last weekend. No reservation (incredibly lucky to get table)but good naturedly found us a table. small place and very busy which goes to show it's doing something right. I had slow cooked lamd to start which was a substantial dish follwed by delicious coley in a creamy sauce with mustardy mash. It was great food with delightful tastes. I honestly don't know how I squeezed the lemon and coconut tart in, or the wonderful dessert wine. Hubby had amazing pan seared venison as his main dish which was bloody and brilliant. Can't wait to go back. I should add that our waiter was a gem, helpful and very funny and very hard working as not a huge number of staff. Thanks to the team there