“Great casual dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Number 16

Number 16
Reserve with OpenTable
Number 16 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 2,393 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Award- winning restaurant in the heart of Glasgow's West End. Number 16 is a cosy, well established and much loved neighbourhood favourite offering quality food, friendly service and great value in relaxed surroundings. Run by a tight- knit, experienced and dedicated team; Number 16 is proud to bring fresh and unusual ideas to modern Scottish cooking. Our ever- changing menu features imaginative, balanced flavours; strong international influences and a commitment to using seasonal produce. We strive to make each dining experience a relaxing, unique and memorable one for every customer. In 2010, Number 16 was awarded an Eat Scotland Silver Award and won best restaurant in the 'Smart But Casual' category at the annual Glasgow Restaurant Awards.In December 2011 Number 16 was awarded an AA Rosette.
“Great casual dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Graat casual relaxed atmophere,friendly staff,well thought out interesting menu.Good location.the mezzanine floor makes excellent use of a small space

1 Thank gwblenzie

Forfar
“N16 Sixteen Restaurant Byres Road Glasgow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

If you want to visit a restaurant that consistanly produces good food together with excellent service then N16 Restaurant is one that should be seriously considered.The menu is varied with exciting choices for the diner(s). Early booking is suggested as this is a very popular restaurant.
My wife and i reside some 70 miles from Glasgow, but would not miss the oportunity to dine at this most excellent establishment.

3 Thank jim m
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Seasonal Scottish food at it's best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

I recently visited this restaurant with a good friend, and we were both absolutely delighted with our evening. We booked through the restaurant directly and got the pre-theatre menu which offers an amazing choice of dishes for great value (£16.95 for 3 courses). I started with a warmed fillet of mackeral served with dauphinoise potatoes and pureed peas which was delicious, while my friend went for hock ham terrine which also looked lovely. For mains it was a tough choice between the pork belly or the sea bream. I chose the pork belly which came with stir fry greens, bean sprouts and a peanut salad, and I was not disappointed. I seriously cannot praise this dish enough, the pork belly was cooked to perfection and the peanut salad was delicious, I enjoyed every mouthful. My friend opted for the sea bream which she enjoyed, although after having a taste of my meal she did have food envy! The dishes were generous but at the same time rightly portioned to be able to enjoy 3 courses. We both finished with a chocolate and raspberry torte, it was so rich, and a lovely way to round off the meal!

The restaurant is admittedly small, and that is the only thing that could be construed negatively, as quite a few times my friend was bumped into by other diners and staff walking past our table, which can be quite disruptive. However, while it is small it is also very personal and all the waiting staff were extremely warm and friendly.

I have been to the restaurant before and always enjoyed myself, but this most recent visit has been exemplary, and I cannot wait to go back again! It is very versatile as I have been there dining with my boyfriend, my family and now friends on separate occasions and always been delighted with the food and service. I thoroughly recommend this restaurant, it is one of the wee gems of Glasgow's West End!

2 Thank JLSinger
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent service, food and great value for money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have dinned at Number 16 quite a few times and I have never been disappointed. The food is always excellent and the menu is great and the staff are attentive but not to overbearing. I really do not have a bad word to say about this restaurant and I will continue to dine there and recommend it to others.

1 Thank Laura A
“Very disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

I can understand why is that such a high rating on tripadvisor. Food does not live up to all the hype on trip advisor. and not very good value. I read the reviews on line and was expecting good food instead left disapointed

1 Thank cooldud