“Excellent value, nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pulcinella

Pulcinella
Reserve with OpenTable
Pulcinella is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #294 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: City Centre
“Excellent value, nice food”
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Visited with a colleague for lunch. Ate off the set lunch menu which is great value at £6.50 for 2 courses and £7.90 for 3! Portion size was decent for the money. I had risotto balls followed by lasagne whilst my colleague had brushetta and mussels, all of which were tasty. I finished off with the profiteroles and although there were only 4 quite small ones you can't complain for the money! Coffee machine wasn't working so my colleague had to settle for tea. Would defo visit again.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely atmosphere - great food and value”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Visit this restaurant regularly. I usually go for the lunch and pre-theatre offers as they are great value and I always find the service friendly and fast. However I went here for my birthday meal with family on Saturday night (last minute but they were able to fit our table of 5) and decided to splash out a little and go for the Steaks. They were cooked perfectly and we all had a fantastic night. Would recommend here both for quick bites and for special occasions.

• Visited February 2013
Paisley, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Pre-Theatre at Pulcinella”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I booked my table through "top Table" and the offer was 3 courses for £12.50 with a free glass of wine. I thought that was excellent value for money especially on a Friday night.

When the waiter arrived to take our drinks order and I said I will have the glass of wine which is included in the offer, he queried where I had booked and asked for my name. Luckily I had printed off a copy of the reservation which quite clearly had this offer printed on it. He left us for a few minutes (by this time I was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable) and checked with the manager. There were only a few lines on the page and the manger and rest of the staff went through it with a fine toothcomb until a few minutes later the waiter came back and said yes you are entitled to a free glass of wine. It really was a bit embarrassing as if I was not entitled to it.

Having said that the service was really good and the food of a very high standard. The only complaint about the food was that both my husband and I ordered pizza and the crust was very difficult to cut through though we did have steak knives. Perhaps a pizza cutter could have been provided as is the usual case in most Italian restaurants.

Apart from the hiccup at the beginning of the meal I certainly would have no hesitation in returning for another visit.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Pauline M
glasgow
“Again and Again 5 stars”
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I have been several times to this restaurant for business lunches, quick evening bites and lastly for a birthday party. I can't thank enough Pulcinella for being such accommodating with all my guests, the manager and the full team of waiting staff were absolutely fantastic! They were looking after us in a professional manner, but at the same time friendly and attentive. The food was well presented, really tasty and perfect portions size. We all had a great time and truly enjoyed our evening especially for my friend's mother which was celebrating her birthday. The evening was memorable as she described! After reading the previous review by Anna M I can't really understand what she meant as the staff seems really laid back and keen to make sure you are having a great experience. By all means it is all matter of personal idea and opinion. I personally can't fault this restaurant, I like the banter from the young Italian waiter and definitely the food from proper Italian chefs. Thanks again.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“One of the Best”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Once again I had the pleasure of visiting one of the best Italian restaurants in Glasgow we dine here often and the service and food are of the highest standard, the staff are always friendly and welcoming and we visited this evening Monday 28th February for my daughters birthday and as ever we left feeling that it is a place we will always be welcome in and will always go back to, we dont have a starter as the main course is usually more than enough I had Lasagne which is absolutely superb and my wife and daughter had Penny Pulcinella every bit of it devourted, my youngest had Cabana Pizza, we go to this restaurant often and while Anna M may say worst experience in a restaurant I cant believe she can say this but she is entitled to her opinion, even in December when I went for my birthday I went it to see them the day before and they fitted me in even though the place was absolutely bouncing nothing was to much trouble, tonight when we went the restaurant was quiet due to being a Monday night and as usual the food was excellent came within a perfect time and the service was of the highest order I can recommend this restaurant highly enough. This is a real personal view I am not associated with anyone in the restaurant it is just one of my favourites in Glasgow.

• Visited January 2013