“Good Atmosphere and Attentive Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ad Lib

Ad Lib
Ranked #483 of 2,393 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: American, Bar, International
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: City Centre
“Good Atmosphere and Attentive Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

we recently spent 2 nights in Glasgow and dined at AD-LIB on Hope Street. Despite being quite busy we were given a table within 5 minutes. The menu is varied offering steaks, burgers, sandwiches and seafood. The food is of good quality and has flavour. Staff were very attentive and checked regularly if all was well with our meals. The only negative comment from our table was regarding the red house wine, which we found to be of poor quality and not to our taste. However all other aspects of the meal ensured we visited again the following evening. Again the food was of good quality.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“What a lovely evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Just been in this restaurant this evening with a group of friends who have different tastes in food. This occasionally can lead to one or two disappointed individuals however this was not the case this evening. Food delicious, service great, price (for the mean one J) just right.

Shared starters one being the sliders which could be a main themselves, the mains were a treat. Didn't manage a dessert but will definitely try one on our next visit.

Thanks Guys and Girls it not often we end the night with smiles all round - we will be back

glasgow
“Sorry - not impressed (and be aware of service charge)”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Party of six went for my son's 18th birthday just over a week ago. Menu looked very nice and the starters were good. VERY disappointed with the main courses, I had the basket of fish, the batter was really overcooked and the chips were a poor take on McDonalds. My husband and eldest son had the ribs which they weren't too impressed with, again the chips were not up to much. My son (whose 18th it was) had a steak which he really enjoyed but at over £16 so it should have been!! The mac and cheese was enjoyed by my son's girlfriend and my youngest enjoyed his burger - again let down by the chips. I didn't want to make a fuss because it was my son's birthday but I was REALLY angry at the service charge of £13 for our table. Had it not been a special occasion I certainly would have complained. Service was okay - not £13 worth though, and I would like to decide my own tip next time thank you very much.

Irvine, United Kingdom
“Great for an informal grub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

The place has a rather different seating arrangement and a nice feel to it. Very American, I guess, and great for an informal bite with friends - even though there were many people in suits. The big thing is the burgers and sandwiches, of course. I had a wrap and my partner had a burger, my wrap was just a bit burned in the outsides but once I peeled the burnt crust, it was delicious, and my partner`s burger was very nice. I just thought the chips were too salted for my taste.
It seems like a nice place to start the night. The portions are not small and it tasted fine, so I would go back. Maybe for the burger challenge...

Visited September 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Would give this place a go, been multiple times and the burgers are really good, heard they also do an eating challenge with giant burger but don't have that big an appetite :)

Visited April 2013