“No Lunch”
Review of ABode Restaurant

ABode Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
ABode Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #849 of 2,429 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: ABode Restaurant offers a tempting array of cocktails to start your evening with style as well as a variety of light meals and snacks.
scotland
“No Lunch”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

dropped in for lunch , sorry residents only is what we were told exit left and no I will not be booking to stay here in the future

Visited March 2012

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Elegant dining at its best. Haute cuisine in beautiful surroundings. Ideal for a special celebration.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Not good...”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Went to this restaurant last night and was completely disappointed...the staff did not come back for a drinks order after our first drink when seated, they showed no knowledge of the dishes when asked what something was served with, resulting in us ordering additional potatoes despite the dish being served with potatoes! The staff also managed to get the order wrong. I had asked for my dish to be served without something; however this did not happen.

Staff appeared disinterested and despite not being particularly busy never returned after serving the meal to ask if more drinks were required. Needless to say we left after the main course and had toast when we got home!

It was not helped that the turned some of the lights off during our meal with the result that I couldn't see my plate!

I felt the menu was limited and overpriced. £5 for a cider is also somewhat excessive.

• Visited February 2012
dundee, scotland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shocking menu and shocking food!”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We dined at the MC Grill on saturday evening as we were staying at the Abode hotel so we thought it would be ideal to eat in the hotel as we were off to a concert so we didnt have a lot of time. I'd had a look online at the menu's and they looked quite nice. However we were seated and given a menu and the menu was a lot different than the online one, half the stuff had been taken off leaving a very poor menu with very little options. Both my husband and I struggled to find something to have but decided we needed to eat and we didnt have time to find somewhere else so we both managed to chose something eventually. The food was awful, really awful. I barley ate a thing. The pasta was drowned in chestnuts, just disgusting and my husband had the cod which was in a broth which actually looked like dirty dish water.. he said the cod was slimy and not well cooked and the broth was just tasteless.. Both extremely disappointed. We both hardly ate a thing! The waitress didnt even ask if we had enjoyed our meal so we didnt get a chance to complain and my husband just wanted to leave anyway. I wont be back to dine or stay at this hotel.. Customer service and standards leave a lot to be desired.

• Visited January 2012
Beith, Scotland, United Kingdom
“great value! lovely place”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Went here with my husband for a meal one night we were in glasgow, it was absolutley fantastic. We would deffinatley go again.

The portion sizes are roughly hotel sizes, so not huge but it's deffinatley quality over quantity. I would recommend this for a date, couples, family, work lunches etc. The atmosphere was lovely and the staff were friendly. :)

• Visited June 2011