“Budget”
Review of St. Enoch Hotel

St. Enoch Hotel
Ranked #93 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This hotel has been slated in the past ,this is my second visit and cannot fault this hotel at all yes it is basic but £25 a night with breakfast come on what do you get for that? clean sheets friendly staff tea ,coffee ,en suite shower/toilet you get my vote and only 10min walk from the station thankyou for a pleasent stay see you soon .....

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for St. Enoch Hotel

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Me and 3 friends stayed here last night hotel clean and had everything we needed staff were great very friendly & would do anything to help hotel close to all amenities excellent location we are all going back as we enjoyed our stay and the location & hotel is very cheap

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Carla O
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I really don't know what the other reviewers on this site are complaining about. I agree that the shower is a bit mucky/mouldy and some of the decor could be re-done, but I paid £28 a night for 3 nights, and where else can you get accommmodation that cheap in the centre of Glasgow?

I travel a lot, and for rooms three times the price, I do not get three times as good service - far from it!

If you want to stay somewhere luxury, book a Premier Inn and pay far more for the privilege. Before you moan about the breakfast bags, stop and think that it costs an extra £8 extra per day in hotel chains.

From the photos on late rooms, (which show bunk beds btw, so they were not a surprise to me), it was clearly advertised as somewhere where you would crash, and not a lot more, and it doesn't claim facilities it doesn't have, so I really don't know what the other reviewers were expecting, but as long as you exercise a bit of common sense and don't expect more than what is offered, you can't go far wrong.

I would also say that all the male desk staff are extremely pleasant and helpful, and my bed is surprisingly comfy. There was also a good selection of TV channels (better than the last Mercure I stayed in).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Joanna F
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stay here with my partner for one night in december. The room was very basic not the cleanest and had a damp smell. The floor was on a slope so had to put pillows to bottom of bed to get a half decent sleep. Asked the receptionist to show us how to open window to get fresh air. On checking my bank statement a month later realised they had taken 50 pound out of my account for smoking in the room when we are both non smokers. DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank lesw67
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We had room 24. It's on a bit of a slope so felt a bit strange after a few beers. However, it was clean, with clean fresh smelling sheets, towels and pillowcases. It couldn't be any closer to the centre and a good breakfast and coffee can be had at Times Square across the road if you dont like Kellogs Variety packs. Stayed in better hotels but not for £28 a night b+b.

Room Tip: ok if you just want a "shakky doon" for the night.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Originally booked in for Queens, moved to the St Enoch by them as a problem at queens. it is NOT a hotel or even guest house, merely a bed only place. Web site states recently refurbished, if so dread to think what it was like before. Cold, wall heater did not work so asked for & given a free standing heater, only to find another heater behind the bed. so they must have known wall heater faulty. I asked a member of staff to show me how to open window, then showed him issues in shower room. Shower dribbled out cool water, taps on sink wrong way round, with warm coming out of the cold tap. Floor in shower room was soft and squidgy. Ceiling tiles stained, loose. Slept ok,Bed ok, clean etc staff were ok. Right in the Heart of the shopping centre subway 100 yds away. Wouldnt use this place again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed here with a friend back in October and we were looking for somewhere that was affordable and in a good location. The St Enoch hotel was perfect for both.
It wasn't particulary a good looking hotel but the rooms were warm, the breakfast bag (they didn't have enough cereal on the first morning though so we didn't get to enjoy it then) was a nice touch (if you like rice crispies) and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We arrived early at about 10 am but were able to leave our luggage there and came back after some breakfast to check in at 12pm.
The hotel was everything we were expecting it to be for the price we payed so I can't complain and would recommend it to anyone who isn't planning on spending a large amount of time in the room. There is a tv, wardrobe, tea, coffee and biscuits and a hot shower that doesn't leak - what more do you need. the hotel is in a great location, right next to a metro stop and just minutes away from the busy shopping area if that is what you are there for. It is also walking distance from the train station which was handy.

I'd stay again if I were to visit again and would recommend to friends who don't require top end hospitality from a hotel - basic but effective.

Room Tip: We had a room that was overlooking the St Enoch square area which was fine but if you don't want...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends