“Great Lunch🍴🍮” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Urban Bar & Brasserie

Urban Bar & Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Urban Bar & Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #126 of 2,386 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, British, Scottish, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Centre
Transit: Buchanan St, Queens Street Station and Central Station
“Great Lunch🍴🍮”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed the hot smoked salmon starter, followed by a Sirloin Steak, finished with the cheese platter! Only criticism would be the cheese platter that was slightly disappointing for the £9 price tag.
I enjoy a rosé or blush wine & I only had the choice of 2, opted for the house rose that was OK. Would like to see more of a choice. Service was very good as it always is. Turn the heating up a notch or 2 though

• Turkish first
Manchester
“Main course was delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was my first visit to the restaurant and I wasn't disappointed. It's located on St Vincent Street, were Buchanan Street crosses it.

First impressions are good, as the restaurant is set in a fantastic building. It was a Monday night and wasn't that busy... in these times of austerity, perhaps they could offer a set menu to entice more diners?!

The A La Carte menu has plenty of choice - quite a lot of fish options which I can't comment on, as I'm not a fan! I went for the lamb, which was delicious. It was perfectly cooked... tender, melt in your mouth stuff that was full of flavour. Very little fat too. It was served with a rich sauce that worked perfectly with it. The pureed minty peas were lovely too. You need to order sides separately and I went for chips (how common! haha). They were JUST the way I like them - golden, crispy on the outside and well cooked inside. From memory, the lamb was £15 and the chips were £3.

To finish, I went for their take on lemon meringue. Essentially, lemon ice cream on top of a hard meringue shell, served with an apricot(?) puree. It was nice but didn't reach the standards of the main course. (£6)

Throughout, service was efficient, although we were served by about 3 or 4 different people. I personally don't like this... it means that no relationship is built between waiter and diners.

To summarise, it's not the cheapest place in the world but is worth a visit.

• Visited February 2013
“A bit disappointing !!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was our forth visit over the past year and it was a bit disappointing, we had booked lunch and the restaurant was a bit on the cold side. We ordered a set lunch and we both found that the choice was quite limited compared to previous visits. The service was okay but there was no real engagement with the waitress. The food was okay but certainly not memorable and the bill was not cheap for what we had. A great pity as this used to be one of my recommendations to friends.
If you are going I would recommend you ask for a booth.

• Visited February 2013
Ayr, Scotland
“Great food, well looked after!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were here with a party of 15, and I've got to say they really did well in keeping everything lined up. Their attention to ensuring we were all served at the same time was first class.

Food was great and brilliant choice, great wine. They did so well, keep up the good work. We will be back!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Could be better and has been better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We dined here tonight with an Itison voucher entitling us to 3 courses each from a set menu for just short of 20 pounds which in any restaurant is great value for money. We are both returning customers and have loved the place on previous visits. The surroundings are top notch as is the food and service. This time though we couldn't help but feel a bit let down. I had chicken lived parfait which is hard to do wrong and it was very nice. My wife had a salad which was supposed to contain peccarino cheese but unfortunately arrived without it. To her credit the waitress apologised and replaced it without any fuss. However it wasn't until we saw the menu again later that we realised it was also supposed to have sunblushed tomatoes!! Too late at that point to say anything. Main courses were a burger with chunky chips and a Cajun chicken which was supposed to come with fragrant rice in a ginger and honey cream sauce. The rice was clearly of the bog standard boiled variety and wasn't fragrant and the sauce wasn't particularly ginger or honey like but pleasant nonetheless. Desserts were a coconut rice pudding which was ok but served cold when personally it may have been better hot. On the other side of the table was a creme brûlée which again was pleasant but bland considering it was supposed to be golden syrup tasting. Unfortunately the espresso I specifically asked for to be served along with the desserts arrived 10 minutes after we finished and only because the waitress remembered when she came for the empty plates. The old adage of you get what you pay for certainly sums tonight's experience up. Superb value with the voucher. But in a place as grand with AA rosettes on display its the little things that matter no matter what you pay.