Tripadvisor
Glasgow
All reviews comfortable bed city centre hampden park quiet area large tv the ground floor shower room within walking distance tea and coffee good size netflix hairdryer ajar ensuite stopover bedding hangers
Selected filters
Reviewed December 26, 2019

Second time of staying was a rude awakening, as i picked up the pen and the paperwork it was rudely snatched out of my hand by P who told me i could fill it out when he was good and ready, after dissappearing for 5 mins came back with same paperwork,was hoping to make this a regular stopover as we spend 8 days a month in glasgow for work ....if only there were more hotels nearby....oh wait!

Room tip: check tv works ok
Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2019

My husband and I stayed here with our 6 month old baby for 3 nights whilst in Glasgow to visit friends nearby. We picked this hotel because of its close proximity to our friends in the area, but also it’s easy access to the city centre. We stayed in a large double room on the second floor.

Good points:

- Lots of parking available in private car park
- Reception open from early until late and manager and staff very helpful and welcoming
- Quiet street and very little noise from other guests
- Room a good size, even with the addition of a travel cot (provided by hotel at our request)
- Tea/coffee making facilities provided and refreshed daily
- Room cleaned to a good standard and towels changed daily
- Huge smart TV with netflix
- Nice bathroom with good shower
- Comfortable bed
- Hairdryer and toiletries provided
- Hotel close to supermarkets, restaurants, pubs, shops and train station and really close to the motorway, so ideal for travelling to Glasgow by car.

Areas I’d improve:

-It would have been nice to have been offered a room on the ground floor, as we were on the top floor, which was difficult with the pram and the mountains of luggage required for a baby! (Although we didn’t ask to change, so maybe they would have swapped us if we’d asked).

- There is nowhere to keep clothes in the room, other than a rail with a few hangers. A few drawers and wardrobe would be handy.

These are both minor things though and we’d definitely stay there again when visiting our friends in the south side.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank evandapanda
Reviewed September 16, 2019 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. Location is excellent- just around the corner from Crosshill station which is 10 mins to the centre of Glasgow and only £2 return. Staff were more than happy to point this out to us. Also very close to a row of shops/eating houses etc.

Room was excellent value- very big and immaculately clean. Shower great. Bed very comfortable. A little basic but the room was half the price of what we had been quoted elsewhere!

Tea and coffee facilities, hangers, hairdryer in the room.

Would stay again if in Glasgow.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2019

This hotel i had suggested to My client Mr.Leslie And Mrs.Clara fernades.The hotel is mentioning as 4 star but the standard is just 2 star .Reservation team one person who tal proper english was nice and good.

But other person was ther may be he is a African or any such countries he was weird.I asked him for booking and discounts in the rates but he said that he will talk with owner and get back .But i dnt got any reply 4 times i called and same reply.5 time i made booking online and spoke with him and he said me no discounts and charged my credit card online.Soon i booked it eventhough its a non refundable booking he charged me for the stay 10 days prior to the stay and i was nt able to change my mind at the last movement and Sent the guest to stay in Glassgow Cross hill hote.

When guest reached i asked them a help to arrange a cab for their pick up but he just said a big NO without helping me.

Dont go to this hotel the staff is pathetic and hotel is also pathetic not upto the mark or nt upto what we pay.

I never suggest cross hill hotel to any one

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2019 via mobile

Stayed at cross hill house for one night
The place is situated in a very quiet street not far from Glasgow city centre
It has its own car park at the rear. The place is really quiet just what you need on holiday
Staff are friendly rooms are good.
En suite is well maintained and modern
We had continental breakfast, this was not your usual breakfast hot food was also served with the cold
Eggs sausages mushrooms and beans
Overall we had a great stay

Date of stay: July 2019