“Pleasantly surprised”
Review of Shimla Pinks

Shimla Pinks
Reserve with OpenTable
Shimla Pinks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,639 of 2,428 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

After reading some of the reviews I was a bit dubious about our booking at Shimla Pinks. We arrived late, which was not a problem despite the restaurant being busy, we were asked which side we'd like to sit at and were given an option on tables.

The service was good and we were made to feel very welcome, our orders were taken promptly and we didnt have to wait too long for our starters, main courses came just at the right time, not too quick and we never felt rushed at all to give up our tables after finishing. Drinks came quickly, however empty glasses could have been removed earlier than they were.

The food was good, the starter of mixed pakoras was lovely, the pakora sauce was really good, would have liked to see more chicken pakora on the plate. Poppadums and spiced onions were fresh and tasty. My curry, Lamb pardesi was full of flavour, the lamb was really tender, only comment was there could have been more of it but I usually find this with Indian restaurants. The Naan's were lovely, really big and piping hot.

The restaurant was bright and spotless, the prices reasonable, the food good, the staff welcoming and the location handy for nearby pubs and the city centre. I'd definately go back.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Empty, soulless, grim Indian”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Decent value.
Horrible food. (Microwaved, tasteless, burnt)
Horrible decor. (Gaudy pink and a whole wall with two massive eyes and eyebrows on - worst restaurant decor I have ever ever seen)
Poor service. (No rapport with waiter. When the bill came, the prices were different to those advertised.)

I would recommend the Cool Banana instead - better prices, and real Indian food. (don't expect decor to be any better though!)

3 Thank oliveremm
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Recently revisited with a Groupon voucher, having been many times before. Mixed pakora was mainly made up of cauliflower so was a bit bland due to lack of variety. Normally if someone asked me what a curry without meat was called, I would call it a vegetable curry. However I am temped to call the chicken curry received nearly the same. I have never received a curry before with 4no measly small chicken bits in it and frankly it is not good enough. Is this due to it being a voucher offer? Maybe it should have been called 'curry sauce with rice'?

Would have given 1 star if it was not for the pleasant waitress.

3 Thank Kenmac72
“Loved It”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Visited after a long absence.Friendly service,nice atmosphere.What's not to like?!We will certainly not leave it so long until the next visit.

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Good value for money”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

After someone bought me and my partner this groupon deal we weren't looking forward too it . As we have drove by many times and it has never looked busy and it looks pretty run down . Our opinions changed after we got in as our meal was lovely we are already looking out for another deal to go back again.

Visited August 2013