“Clearly a place serving non-Viet dishes for non-Viets”
Review of Non Viet

Non Viet
Ranked #89 of 2,892 Restaurants in Glasgow
Description: Glasgow's only authentic Vietnamese cuisine with two branches. Locations in 536 Sauchiehall Street near Charing Cross and 609 Great Western Road, near Kelvin Bridge. Offering all the traditional crafted North and South Vietnamese dishes in a warm welcoming environment. Now fully licensed with a range of Hanoi, Saigon beers and quality wines.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Come on, this is not Vietnamese food. The bun sa vermicelli tasted nothing like what a Vietnamese bun sa should taste like (sour, pungent, fresh, sweet, salty). Instead, it tasted like a Chinese stir fry. Even the noodle was not vermicelli. Waitress was also rude in reminding me that single diners don't usually get a whole table that seats 4 people (all the small tables were occupied, and restaurant was half empty, so where else should I sit?). Will not return for sure.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (402)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Delicious authentic Vietnamese cuisine. We ordered the chicken and prawn and pork and prawn spring rolls and two raw beef pho. All amazing. Prompt service, friendly staff. Good price. Very happy will go back.

Reviewed August 16, 2019

We were stranded and looking for a place to eat just before 10pm and stumbled upon this joint. Even though it was a bit late they were friendly, polite and accommodating.

What blew us away though was the quality of the food. I had a vegan dish and I think it is probably the best meal I have had all year.

Keep up the good work, Non Viet!!

Reviewed August 10, 2019

My friend and I often visit the restaurant, the pho soup is to die for. Service is quick and friendly, speacial thanks to Timi who was was extremely nice to us.

1  Thank Szofi1030
NonViet, Front Office Manager at Non Viet, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2019

Hi Szofi,

Our pho is the best in Glasgow, at least in our own humble opinion, so we are delighted that you enjoy it so much.
Timi is one of our best so we'll be passing along your very kind feedback to her.

Best wishes,
Jason

Reviewed August 7, 2019

We visited this restaurant with my boyfriend, I wanted to show him what real vietnamese food is about. The interior is lovely and even made me feel a little homesick.

I've experienced the good stuff and with what is available in the UK, this restaurant made the best of it.
I did miss certain things in my Pho (like stronger broth and even more fatty meat); fried spring rolls were wrapped in a different paper that reminded me more of chinese spring rolls - but those are details and personal preferences!

I came there to get some comfort Viet food that I missed being away from home and I got it along with friendly staff.

Worth a visit!

Date of visit: December 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for the review and for your feedback.

Best wishes,