“Great choice and value for Sunday lunch”
Review of Wee Lochan

Wee Lochan
Ranked #22 of 2,472 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: Wee Lochan is a happy, friendly restaurant serving delicious food at an affordable price. There are fish dishes, meat dishes and a vegetarian option on every menu. We serve scones in the mornings and afternoons warm from the oven with homemade raspberry jam. Christmas bookings are popular so if you fancy your works Christmas meal with us give us a shout! Come and say hello...
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Returned to the Wee Lochan for a family Sunday meal. As ever, the staff are great. We always enjoy reading the wee stories that accompany the menus. A lovely wee personal touch.

Have not been here for Sunday lunch for quite a while. The choice and variety on the menu has improved. There are pork, beef and chicken options, but also a variety of fish options. It is hard to choose what to eat.

We all ordered different starter and main courses from each other, and we were all delighted with the meals we were served.

The Wee Lochan keeps improving on itself. Note to self: don't leave it so long to return next time.

4  Thank lappins
There are newer reviews for Wee Lochan

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Went here to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Lovely atmosphere and friendly staff. One small gripe - the empty glasses were left on the table way too long. My starter of oxtail ravioli was rich and deeply flavoursome and the rib-eye to follow was one of the best steaks I've eaten. As for the saffron-poached pear with a financier and vanilla ice-cream, I can't wait to eat it again. The other three in my party were equally delighted and impressed. I'm really glad I live within a couple of miles of Wee Lochan. We'll be back.

1  Thank AnnieB2116
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Four from inverness visiting Glasgow chose this for lunch before heading north. When we arrived it was full which was a good sign. We spent around two hours in the restaurant eating and drinking all great the pork belly was tremedous and the sweets first class. The mains were magnificient too.
All in all fantastic experience and at very reasonable cost. Thoroughly recommend it.

1  Thank ColinC186
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Just had probably the best meal out I have ever had ! Cullen Skink that was delicious, full of flavour yet light, oak smoked haddock with poached egg on mashed potatoes & mull cheddar sauce that was just to die for, and sticky toffee pudding which made you want to lick the plate ! Great service, friendly & efficient, 3 courses for two plus wine and coffee for just under £50, just incredible value. Will definitely be back !

1  Thank Neil S
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I came for Sunday lunch with two friends for a birthday treat. And what a treat! I consider myself quite fussy about food and expect restaurant food to be at least as good as I would serve at home. I wasn't disappointed. Even before we had ordered, we were presented with warm, freshly made rolls and butter, which were delicious. I had the cullen skink to start and was won over. A huge bowlful of delicious fish soup that would have satisfied as a main course. To follow, I had the lemon sole roulade filled with prawn mousse and accompanied by crushed potatoes. Very tasty. The piece de resistance though was the dessert. I was torn between the sticky toffee pudding and the unusual sounding black coffee jelly in a brandy snap basket with clotted cream. I had the latter and glad that I did. It was sensational. You must try it if it's on the menu. I was astounded to find that the total bill for three people for three courses, plus a beer and three coffees only came to £60! You could pay more than that for poor quality food and drink at many chain restaurants. I was so impressed that I have booked to go again next Sunday.

4  Thank Natalie H