“Excellent food and great service”
Review of Wee Lochan

Wee Lochan
Ranked #25 of 2,430 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Wee Lochan is a happy, friendly restaurant serving delicious food at an affordable price. There are fish dishes, meat dishes and a vegetarian option on every menu. We serve scones in the mornings and afternoons warm from the oven with homemade raspberry jam. Christmas bookings are popular so if you fancy your works Christmas meal with us give us a shout! Come and say hello...
Lanarkshire
“Excellent food and great service”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Overall a smashing lunch. Many thanks to Joanna Blythman and Ron McKenna from the Glasgow Herald who recommended the restaurant.
Initial impressions very good. Nice greeting from a young waitress. Ambience pleasant -- bright with some local art on the walls ( for sale ).
Lunch menu limited but I could have eaten everything on it. Nothing too left field.
I had black pudding with poached egg and pancetta and it was an absolute delight. Cooked to perfection. My wife had crab filled spring rolls and she also found them first class ( chutney on the side also appeared home made )
Main courses equally memorable.
Smoked haddock on a bed of spinach/mash and again a poached egg on top with a nice lightly smoked sauce --wonderful. I know 2 eggs but that was my choice.
Portion size good -- we could not manage a sweet.
Coffee to follow was also a hit.
Wine priced very reasonably and a good selection I had the 7 giraffes beer --if you have not tried it please do so --you'll not be disappointed.
Prices --a pleasant surprise. No rip off here. £11.95 for 2 courses or £14.95 for three -- I just wish I could have managed a third since they also looked wonderful.
One restaurant I will certainly return to when next in the area.

• Thai first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Delicious food and a lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Having been before to this delightful restaurant I took a work colleague the other day. We both had a great evening. We both had the rabbit which was delicious and the sticky toffee pudding as gorgeous as the first time. The atmosphere in the restaurant was friendly and fun with just the right amount of waitress engagement. We can't wait for our next visit. Keep up the good work.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a delightful little spot in Glasgow with amazing food”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My family and I have been to Wee Lochan many times and always have a wonderful time.The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere, the staff are always extremely friendly and efficient and the food is truly delicious and well priced.On our last visit we tried the salmon, goats cheese, seafood thai style and the chocolate delice which was heavenly.There is always plenty to choose from on the menu and we have never been disappointed.We are lucky to have such a great restaurant near us, we shall be back again soon!Well done and keep up the good work!

helensburgh
“Mark well.”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Apparently visited the same date as Mark P. and very happy to say that we had a much more favourable impression of very friendly service in an incredibly busy restaurant. The 6 of us have had very, very many years experience of fine and other dining throughout the world. Despite being a tad 'lively' we have never, between us, managed to provoke the type of response described by Mark P. I wonder why?
The opinions of our food varied from excellent to very good, of the service - excellent and of the ambience - good enough (even the chairs gave rise to no complaints from the assembled 420+ years worth of aged bones!)

1 Thank scottHelensburgh
Edinburgh
“a perfect family celebration”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I booked this because it was near where my family were staying, including my very lively almost 2 year old grand daughter. We were there to celebrate her granddad's birthday. It proved to be quite wonderful! The food was gorgeous, birthday celebration special and with a good range of dishes too, and the service was brilliant. The staff made a point of giving our grand daughter things to entertain her, and made sure she had lovely food too, and good service - nothing was too much trouble. We had a relaxed and very delicious meal - all of us including parents and grandparent. It is the perfect place for a family meal, for a special occasion, or just to treat yourselves to excellent food. It feels like this is a restaurant that people keep coming back to and a great discovery for us!