“Fabulously cooked food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wee Lochan

Wee Lochan
Ranked #25 of 2,388 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Wee Lochan is a happy, friendly restaurant serving delicious food at an affordable price. There are fish dishes, meat dishes and a vegetarian option on every menu. We serve scones in the mornings and afternoons warm from the oven with homemade raspberry jam. Christmas bookings are popular so if you fancy your works Christmas meal with us give us a shout! Come and say hello...
“Fabulously cooked food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We went for a family meal here on a Saturday night and all three of us loved the food we were served. As the name suggests the Wee Lochan is quite small.
I had pigeon which was delicious and beautifully served. My fellow diners both had Black pudding which they also loved. As a main I had monkfish and tiger prawns which was fabulously cooked. My wife had the duck which she said was lovely and my son the rabbit which he was thrilled with too.
My son had Sticky toffee pudding, a favourite of his. He reckoned this was the best one he ever had! My wife and I shared a nice cheese board and each had a port. We also had a bottle of wine and a bottle of beer. Bill was £115 for three having 3 courses with wine.
Overall the food was fabulously cooked, service was nice and we will be back.

1 Thank flan_1969

Spokane, Washington
“Fantastic & Fresh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were lucky that our party of 2 arrived here with reservations, upon the recommendation of the proprietress of our B&B, and were able to get served. The food was fresh and fabulous. The mushroom soup with truffle oil is to die for. Having traveled all over the world myself and my daughter as well, plus her residence in France for two years, we both were extremely impressed. Enough so that we made reservations for the following night. The two meals we ate there are probably the best two meals that this senior citizen has ever eaten in her life. Fantastic, fresh, highly recommended. And we had great service and accommodation when this American wanted iced tea instead of hot tea. I can't say enough about this place. Don't be put off by the negative reviews.

1 Thank CCasper912
Motherwell, United Kingdom
“exceptional value for money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Just eaten a great 3 course lunch at this restaurant and it was delicious,i started with cullen skink which i am quite critical about as i have tried many,this was easily one of the best,i then had asparagus risotto which was perfectly cooked and piping hot,followed by poached pair that was a delight,even the coffee was very good quality and they give you homemade tablet that is a taste sensation.the service was 1st class,very attentive but not overbearing.There is a display of artworks for sale on the walls at competitive prices.You have to book as this is a busy place with limited seating.great wine selection at very reasonable prices,cannot wait to return,party of 4 and we all loved it!

Visited June 2013
“Wee find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I ws taken out to Wee Lochan this week by a couple of friends for a long overdue catch up. For a Tuesday evening, the place was packed, probably due to the fact that we are in graduation season although I would observe a diverse clientele and this restaurant has a very good reputation anyway. We were seen to promptly and there was an excellent choice on the menu for all courses. ( Ihad saddle of rabbit for main course which was sublime) Service was friendly and brisk. The only small observation is that some of the seving staff might have been better briefed. I do not expect a 17 year old to know about wine (someone came over to answer our question) but I do expect them to know what the cheeses are on the menu (again someone had to be brought over to explain!) A thoroughly enjoyable evening and good to have such a good place on the doorstep.

“Faultless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Booked a table for 11, and 11 very satisfied diners left the restaurant. Every course was spot on. We ate from the sunday lunch menu and we all picked something different. Not one of us could find fault with any of our dishes. My sea bream was delicious, so I would definitely recommend that. Can't wait for our return visit!

1 Thank Christina1965