“Boo!”

Wee Lochan
Ranked #17 of 2,542 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Description: Wee Lochan is a happy, friendly restaurant serving delicious food at an affordable price. There are fish dishes, meat dishes and a vegetarian option on every menu. We serve scones in the mornings and afternoons warm from the oven with homemade raspberry jam. Christmas bookings are popular so if you fancy your works Christmas meal with us give us a shout! Come and say hello...
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I visited this place with high expectations. Sadly, the experience was a complete let down and I shall not be returning. And after such a promising start ...
My wife enjoyed a hearty bowl of cullen skink and I was delighted by a lovely roast pigeon dish that featured ruby slivers of succulent breast, textured puy lentils and a rich sauce that crowned a perfectly cooked rosti.
Subsequently, I had a delightful monkfish and king prawn dish. Across the table, my wife was disappointed by an overcooked ribeye steak and sent it back- that's where things started to wrong. The dish returned looking like slop and was unevenly cooked: parts were medium rare, parts were medium, and parts were well done. What made matters worse was the waitresses patronising attempts to convince us that it was medium rare -as ordered- and continued attempts to question our understanding of how a steak should be cooked.
They did take it off the bill but it still isn't good enough. Steak, alongside scallops, langoustines and salmon, is our most famous product and one we are justifiably proud of; it is unacceptable to fail to cook it correctly not once but twice.
As I said I will not be returning and, instead, will happily give my money to similar but far superior restaurants such as Number 16, Stravaigin, and Ian Brown.

5  Thank kenny m

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Great neighbourhood restaurant. Fresh local produce beautifully prepared. Mackerel rillettes just right and rabbit was moist and tasty. Rib eye steak was also a good choice. Well priced and very interesting wine list. We'll be back.

3  Thank weirdavenger
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Lovely food. Great night. Had lovely meal. Waitress did a great job. Food came out fast,hot and wonderful.

1  Thank abcdefg123456788
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was my first visit, but it certainly won't be my last!! Great atmosphere in the restaurant, very friendly and attentive service and most importantly the food was devine. My friend and I both opted for the stornoway black pudding with poached egg to start which was cooked to perfection, I then had roast chicken with goats cheese cream followed by pineapple/pashion fruit pavlova - WOW! The portion sizes were just right and each of the courses was spot on - so much so I had to join tripadvisor to let everyone know how great it was. I would thoroughly recommend this place and will definitelty be back soon!

6  Thank Bubbles_Devere1
Reviewed May 25, 2013

A Sunday lunch to remember. I and a group of friends spent the afternoon in Wee Lochan enjoying the relaxed atmosphere, friendly and attentive staff and most importantly great food; we had no complaints. The food was very good and no one left hungry, the wine is reasonably priced and well sourced, the service was attentive and not overbearing and the bill suprised us - so reasonable. All in all the consensus was an excellent afternoon of dining. Well don Wee Lochan

1  Thank MalanR