“Friendly, tasty, non-pretentious”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wee Lochan

Wee Lochan
Ranked #25 of 2,393 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Wee Lochan is a happy, friendly restaurant serving delicious food at an affordable price. There are fish dishes, meat dishes and a vegetarian option on every menu. We serve scones in the mornings and afternoons warm from the oven with homemade raspberry jam. Christmas bookings are popular so if you fancy your works Christmas meal with us give us a shout! Come and say hello...
england
“Friendly, tasty, non-pretentious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Why does Glasgow have such great restaurants? There is very little in the North-West of England that comes close to this. The combination of an interesting menu, very well cooked food, nice environment and all served in a friendly and non-pretentious way is absolutely unbeatable. We will definitely be back when we're next in the neighbourhood and wanting to eat out as a family. Full marks Wee Lochan.

1 Thank pottig

edinburgh
“A great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Visited with friends after choosing Wee Lochan from tripadvisor and we were all delighted with our choice. Delicious food and friendly, attentive service - couldn't ask for more!

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Kur3du
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Really good food at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was not my first visit to Wee Lochan and certainly will not be my last. It's not the biggest of restaurants but the welcome, service and in particular the quality of the food is hard to beat at the price. The ingredients are top quality and are cooked / prepared and presented as well as any of the top class restaurants in the area, even down to the home made fudge which accompanies the coffee. If you enjoy good food - visit Wee Lochan at least once.

1 Thank Tabby2011
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A Cornucopia Of Loveliness!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

So we've visited Wee Lochan a few times for breakfast but always promised ourselves we'd visit on an evening. After planning a very special trip abroad, we'd thought we'd start the evening before at Wee Lochan, and I'm thoroughly pleased we did! We ordered the same dishes, the pigeon, puy lentil and black pudding to start, and the rabbit loin for main. WOW! Both dishes were probably up there with the best restaurant I've ever eaten in, and I hasten to add my partner and I are HUGE Game fans. The pigeon was flavoursome, well cooked and juicy, something hard to get right if you know your game. The rabbit was divine! Both of us were initially hesitant with regards to prunes with rabbit, but oh my, an inspired choice! Again,I've all to often had bad rabbit, cooked to dryness, but this as juicy, tasty and flavoursome. All followed off by a mousey tiramisu and what my fiancée describes as the best sticky toffee pudding EVER (and believe me she knows). Service had just the right degree of attentiveness, although we did have to look for the bill. I feel a sense of trepidation in recommending it, as you may stop me from getting a table next time. Most definitely in the top 3 restaurants in Glasgow, ignore the pretenders!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank DThompson367
glasgow
“Lovely service, fantastic food and all over great dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Just back from Wee Lochan, after a stunning dinner with hubbie and son. No 1 son and I ate from the A la Carte menu and hubbie ate from the set menu. There is no difference in quality or quantity, we were just in early enough to have the choice. We had Scallops, pigeon and the black pudding and poached egg for our starters( I had a taste of all 3,Yum) and Rabbit, steak and pork for the mains. All 3 starters and mains were cooked to perfection and the portion sizes were spot on( hate it when the plates come heaped with food! I prefer quality over quantity every time!!) No room for pudding for hubbie, but son and I had the Lemon Tart and Chocolate pudd, both scrumptious! The Bill: £120ish pounds for 3 starters,3 mains,2 puddings, 2 coffees, 2 G&Ts a bottle of wine, a large glass of wine, 4 beers and a Drambuie!!! For all those people whining about it being expensive, that is seriously good value!! HELLO!?! What or where are you comparing your prices to? On the subject of moaning whiney people(Yes, I do always check out the negative reviews on Trip Advisor) Ailsa the owner, who we met briefly is delightful and obviously passionate about their business, and for the people that slag it off, I would LOVE to dine in YOUR restaurants seeing as you know so much about the business! My only regret is that we live on the Southside and this little Gem is not on our doorstep!

2 Thank DiamondGirl123