“Excellent in all respects”
Review of Wee Lochan

Wee Lochan
Ranked #23 of 2,413 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Description: Wee Lochan is a happy, friendly restaurant serving delicious food at an affordable price. There are fish dishes, meat dishes and a vegetarian option on every menu. We serve scones in the mornings and afternoons warm from the oven with homemade raspberry jam. Christmas bookings are popular so if you fancy your works Christmas meal with us give us a shout! Come and say hello...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent in all respects”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Super menu; great service; excellent food; good value; great atmosphere - will definitely be back. Very easy access and parking.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Jack_Bosworth

• Thai first
Glasgow
“Just found my new west end haunt”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Lovely food, great atmosphere in fact its just perfect enjoyed so much we've booked to go back with friends.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank LennieBelle
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Wee Lochan : Hidden Depths!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I visited the restaurant on two occasions since Christmas: one Sunday evening and one weekday lunch. On both occasions the food was of a very high standard: fine quality and superbly cooked. The service too could not be faulted. It was friendly yet professional. Altogether great value for money and so convenient in Glasgow's west end. I will certainly return and recommend it to others.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Maggieanne1950
“Wee lochan”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Went last year for a friends birthday and must say I was totally underwhelmed by the whole experience. Having been recommended to dine there and with it's supposedly great reputation riding before it, it was rather like 'The Emperors New Clothes' for me. I just didn't get it. The exterior was that of a converted shop front in a residential area with nowhere in the immediate vicinity to pop in for a little drink after. Don't get me wrong though as the interior was clean and warm but nothing special. Pretty mainstream as restaurants go. Although the food was lovely, staff very friendly and the service brisk, the amount on our plates was very small for the price paid. Unfortuneately we were still hungry when we had finished our meal. The food was rich so I suppose their argument would be quality over quantity. However the price was rich too. I would say it was more like 'Wee Portions' than Wee Lochan. However that is not to say it is a bad restaurant but perhaps it was just overhyped to me in the first place.

• Visited September 2012
6 Thank jinty2go
AislaJ, Owner at Wee Lochan, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Hi Aisla here,
I'm sorry to hear you were still hungry when you left our restaurant. I certainly don't like to hear that. We aim our portion sizes to be the size we ourselves would comfortably enjoy for three courses. Obviously we got it a bit wrong this time -sincere apologies. As a word of recommendation The Black Sheep ( no 3 I think on T.A. as I write) are famous for their large portions if you fancy giving another converted shop front restaurant a go! I believe there are even some pubs round there for a wee libation before and after!!

Kind regards

Aisla
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“One of favourite restaurants in glasgow”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Have had lunch on a number of occasions now and never disappointed by the food or service. Most recent trip was just before Christmas. We were a party of 4 plus a 12 month old baby and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. It is lovely to find somewhere with such nice food that is so child friendly. Will definitely return.

3 Thank Faye W