“Excellent in all respects”
Review of Wee Lochan

Wee Lochan
Ranked #22 of 2,490 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Wee Lochan is a happy, friendly restaurant serving delicious food at an affordable price. There are fish dishes, meat dishes and a vegetarian option on every menu. We serve scones in the mornings and afternoons warm from the oven with homemade raspberry jam. Christmas bookings are popular so if you fancy your works Christmas meal with us give us a shout! Come and say hello...
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We had a beautiful Sunday lunch here (party of over 20 for a 40th Wedding celebration) - young and old all enjoyed a great meal in relaxed surroundings. Fantastic value, wonderful food, staff that most restaurants would die to have on their books, and a short but classy drinks list. Kids made to feel very welcome, and while they don't do a kids' menu (half portions of adult dishes) they were quick to come with ketchup! The place was full of couples, families and friends and had a great atmosphere - they must have also turned away about 20 potential diners as they were fully booked, so don't just turn up on spec - phone ahead or you will be disappointed!

1  Thank vicelikegrip

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Visited this place a long time ago before the new owners took over , I am so glad I revisited it , lunch was damn near perfect . We started with the black pudding and poached egg salad , then moved on to a light chicken dish with sensational vegetables ( which most chefs add as an a afterthought) , but not here ,they treat them with respect. I finished with a small selection of cheeses ,everyone bang on the button , then some Earl Grey and home made tablet . The staff were so friendly and attentive without being overly so . Why oh why can't there be more places like this .

1  Thank brian m
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Went here with my partner, and cant say any more than it was a beautiful experience. Service could have been faster but considering there was a party of around 20 plus other dinners and with only 2 front of house staff I think considering it was snappy with a happy face. The food was Beautiful, great starter of Scallops and Chorizo with a delightful dressing, and my spouses Cullen skink, as she commented, was satisfyingly good. The mains where scrumptious as I feasted into my Hake, wrapped in pancetta, with a base of mashed potato and melted cheese, my spouses duck was cooked perfectly and everything just balanced out very well.... I will be returning with a empty stomach ready to be filled with beautiful food, beautiful company and beautiful wee Lochan.

1  Thank Mark G
Reviewed March 5, 2012

This is by far one of the top ten best restaurants in Glasgow!
We have visited a few times, firstly it's a welcoming, warm friendly place that realises that good customer service isn't difficult! It has a lovely atmosphere to it and you are warmly greeted as soon as you open the door.
The service is outstanding, we are always welcomed with our toddler daughter too, which is a big plus for us as we appreciate good food and most child friendly restaurants are big chains, that's fine but sometimes you want something just that little bit more special, well this is it!
Be it lunchtime or evening the ambience is always spot on and I've not even started with the food!
The chef/ owner and his wife are experts in their field and the food is as I say some of the best you'll eat in Scotland in my opinion . The roast beef I had last time I visited was beautiful and so was the smoked salmon starter.For £13.95 for three courses.....outstanding! There is something on the menu for everyone, and for out of towners it gives yuan insight of the surrounding residential area that is Glasgow's west end!

1  Thank didinic
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I think this has to be the best resturant in Glasgow just now and we have tried a few. What a fantastic dinner we had on Saturday night. Cannot praise the food and ambiance enough. Very friendly staff and made to feel very welcome.

The twice baked parsnip and honey souffle was amazing to start with was sweet but not to much and the seafood casserole was the best cooked seafood I would say I have ever had. For desert the peanut butter icecream and chocolate pudding was to die for. It was a really special occassion as we were taking my dad out for his 60th Birthday and he was truely delighted with the evening.

I would definately recommend this resturant not just for the food but the atmosphere is relaxed but with a lovely scottish warm feel to it. I would also say that the prices were reasonable for the quality of food and wine is also well priced.

Definately be back!