“Great deal in a good quality hotel perfect for SSE Hydro”
Review of Lorne Hotel

Lorne Hotel
Ranked #49 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Lanarkshire
“Great deal in a good quality hotel perfect for SSE Hydro”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We just visited the hotel on a Glasgow great deal and can say it was a great deal. We stayed an overnight when going to SSE Hydro and hotel was only a 12 minute walk away. Hotel staff are all very friendly and rooms are of a good standard and immaculately clean. Will definitely visit again. On site cocktail bar and restaurant offer great food and drinks 10/10 from us.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed one night as we were going to a show in the S E C C ,THE HOTEL AND STAFF could not be faulted -my wife thought it compared to the Point in Edinburgh-the pre-theatre Indian we had in their Billberry Bar was excellent and at £8-95 per head was a steal.
We intend to book this hotel again when we are going to shows at the S E C C.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Just returned from an overnight stay in the lorne hotel with a group of friends so am writing this review on behalf of all six of us...... the hotel is lovely and modern throughout and so were our rooms with big comfy beds spacious bathrooms and very little street noise ....we all ate in the resturant at night and the food was very much 10 out of 10.....all staff were extremely friendly and happy to help especially at the reception where nothing was to much bother but we have to
mension a very special person named Andreas who kept us highly entertained throughout our breakfast ,....he has to be one of the happiest polite waiters we have met and a joy to have waiting on our table....we would certainly recommend this hotel and will be returning again soon!

Room Tip: Corner suite on 2nd floor was lovely
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank wendy b
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had a overnight stay with Bed& Breakfast and 3 course meal. Fantastic value for money. Rooms small but clean and fresh with all amenities required for a comfortable night stay. We booked a reservation for dinner which you should do as the restaurant reputation is spreading far and wide. Bukharah I can not fault. The service is excellent with an abundance of staff and although the restaurant was fit to burst you would not have known it. We have been to the Bukharah before and as a big curry lover it is hard to beat. From the starter to the main dish it was fantastic.Breakfast in the morning was fab too, although self service again staff very attentive. All inall 5/5. Well done keep up the good work.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 4 floor and was a bit noisy as it is located very close to the lift.
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Thought the hotel was ok, nice presentable reception, bar and resteraunt but the rooms could have been better. We were in a disabled room for some reason that doesn't bother me at all but they should have explained to me that's what room we had. I don't mind what state a hotel is in as long as my stuffs safe and don't overpay. If your looking for a posh place then I wouldn't stay here it's plain standard. I think we overpayed but breakfast was included and was really good and the girls enjoyed the cocktails so I would say. we enjoyed our stay

1 Thank MartinStewart_10
Kinlochleven, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Do not stay here if you want to hear every noise from the next room we heard everything!! Including things you don't want to hear, reception lAdy rude spoke to me like I was thick, bar is extremely expensive with dull bar staff, will not be back here!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank 1jojo23

Travelers are raving about these Glasgow hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Myself and 3 others stayed there for 2 nights, NEVER AGAIN!! The outside looks so shiney and new and fancy, on entering I am greeted by a sarkey receptionist, with a shocking attitude and awful manners! One of our rooms seemed perfect on arrival, and the other would have been great if it was not for the giant window from the bathroom to the bedroom, with CLEAR GLASS and a white plastic blind. The window runs along the Shower/bath, the blind was broken, so you could see straight into the bathroom, (toilet was at eye level when lying in the bed) and if someone was in the shower, there was no way to avoid seeing them. I popped down to the reception to see if the blind could be fixed or the room changed, spoke very politely with the receptionist as its not her fault (and I work with the public) she looks at me like I'm dirt, tells me it's not her problem, and she will get a supervisor, she tells me to wait in the seating area, when the supervisor comes down she then tries to discreetly tell the supervisor "she is complaining about the size of the room!" eh! No! Size of the rooms are about the only thing good about the room, I speak with the supervisor and she says she will try change the room (I'd have been happy if I was told they were sending up a new blind) but as the supervisor is looking up a new room the two of them are titter and making fun of me as I am at the seated area again, did they forget I could hear them or where they actually that rude?! The new room was grand and supposedly just recarpeted - it was badly stained! Every time we walked past the mean blond receptionist she gave us dirty looks and sounds under her breath! What was she! 15! There was mank white stains all over the headboard of my room, (how was this missed as the bed was made) the twin rooms where two single beds pushed together with two small duvets, rooms were freezing so heat had to be totall cranked up, and the blankets barely covered the bed. Pillows were perfect though... Bar staff were lovely and one waiter in particulary was lovely and chatty! (never got his name, he was short with strawberry blond hair!!) he is some one who should be front of house! Friendly, welcomin and polite! Will never return! Staff need to be sorted out BIG time!

Room Tip: Book somewhere else...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends