“Would never stay there again!!! No matter how much you paid me!!”
Review of Lorne Hotel

Lorne Hotel
Ranked #61 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Myself and 3 others stayed there for 2 nights, NEVER AGAIN!! The outside looks so shiney and new and fancy, on entering I am greeted by a sarkey receptionist, with a shocking attitude and awful manners! One of our rooms seemed perfect on arrival, and the other would have been great if it was not for the giant window from the bathroom to the bedroom, with CLEAR GLASS and a white plastic blind. The window runs along the Shower/bath, the blind was broken, so you could see straight into the bathroom, (toilet was at eye level when lying in the bed) and if someone was in the shower, there was no way to avoid seeing them. I popped down to the reception to see if the blind could be fixed or the room changed, spoke very politely with the receptionist as its not her fault (and I work with the public) she looks at me like I'm dirt, tells me it's not her problem, and she will get a supervisor, she tells me to wait in the seating area, when the supervisor comes down she then tries to discreetly tell the supervisor "she is complaining about the size of the room!" eh! No! Size of the rooms are about the only thing good about the room, I speak with the supervisor and she says she will try change the room (I'd have been happy if I was told they were sending up a new blind) but as the supervisor is looking up a new room the two of them are titter and making fun of me as I am at the seated area again, did they forget I could hear them or where they actually that rude?! The new room was grand and supposedly just recarpeted - it was badly stained! Every time we walked past the mean blond receptionist she gave us dirty looks and sounds under her breath! What was she! 15! There was mank white stains all over the headboard of my room, (how was this missed as the bed was made) the twin rooms where two single beds pushed together with two small duvets, rooms were freezing so heat had to be totall cranked up, and the blankets barely covered the bed. Pillows were perfect though... Bar staff were lovely and one waiter in particulary was lovely and chatty! (never got his name, he was short with strawberry blond hair!!) he is some one who should be front of house! Friendly, welcomin and polite! Will never return! Staff need to be sorted out BIG time!

Room Tip: Book somewhere else...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
8  Thank tara20002

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Rude receptionist, very unhelpful, stained carpet, bathroom window had blinds which were broken so you had no privacy for showering, asked to change rooms as we had paid for a suite, that was fine only problem was different floor! Carpet was also stained in this room and the twin beds were broken. Nicer hotels in glasgow. Would definatly avoid this. Only redeeming feature was the pleasent barman!!

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank bettyboo1980
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed in Lorne Hotel for one night, last week with my wife. We've received very worm welcome and were directed to our room. Room was a good size with clean and modern bathroom.

On the evening we went to their restaurant and meal was delicious !! So were cocktails at the bar after !!

Very good value for price.

If u want to go to the Glasgow Airport from the hotel I recommend to use local company - West End Radio Cars (www.westendradiocars.co.uk). Car was on time, friendly driver and price was only 13 pounds !!!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

4 of us stayed on sat 22nd feb on a deal for dinner, bed + breakfast + it was great value for money. Our bedroom was very clean + comfortable. The staff were all very friendly + helpful, especially in the restaurant + our waiter Alfie couldn't do enough for us.The meal was excellent as was the buffet breakfast next morning. We had no complaints at all + enjoyed our stay + would stay here again.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

My fiancee and i stayed for an overnite on Saturday the 15th of Febuary with a GGD FOR £69 with dinner, bed and breakfast included and what a bargin it was arrived at the hotel after 4 and was promply checked in by the wonderfull staff. Room was a bit small but had everything you needed in it with a great shower with lots of power, Nothing i can fault, everything about this hotel ozzes class the fixtures and fittings around the reception and bar area are 5* will be staying again in the very near future....

1  Thank dorry8574
Reviewed February 17, 2014

4 of us stayed at The Lorne this weekend. The hotel was very modern and comfortable. The bonus was an excellent hotel bar - which we enjoyed to the full. The beds were comfortable and the morning breakfast excellent. At £75 a night per room we thought this was good value and will stay here again

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Geoff B
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and I paid £69 for an overnight deal of dinner, bed and breakfast and this represented terrific value for money. Our room was a bit on the small side but well appointed with a lovely shower room. The evening meal was excellent and the buffet breakfast the following morning was first class too. Parking was a problem, but that's always the case in that part of the city. Staff who dealt with us were friendly and attentive; we could not have asked for any better.

1  Thank James M