Lorne Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,060 results
All reviewscocktail barcity centrewest endstreet parkingsauchiehall streetlovely hotelkelvingrove museumbooked this hotelwould stay againrestaurant staffsse hydroone night stayreception areahotel barbars and restaurantsself serviceyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2012

A modern hotel with comfortable rooms, the staff were very friendly & helpful, The restaurant food was good but they did struggle serving large number at once. They had a whole coach full come in at the same time for breakfast which meant people were standing round waiting for food to be cooked and even worse ran out of crockery. This was the hotels fault as they had told them to come in at the same time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Gordon W, General Manager at Lorne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Smartmart1958

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback about your recent stay at the Lorne Hotel Glasgow. I have just taken over the Hotel so all guest feedback is really helpful in allowing me to understand what we do well and put together a plan to improve on the things we're not so good at.

Thank you for your positive comments relating to your recent stay with us. I was pleased to hear that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful and I'll make sure your feedback is shared with the team. In relation to breakfast, you've highlighted an area we need to get better and I'll make sure your comments are passed to the restaurant manager to help us improve.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Lorne Hotel.

Regards
Gordon

Reviewed September 12, 2012

First room we got was terrible. Lights didn't work, kettle didn't work, no storage for our clothes. Couldn't be moved as hotel was full. In morning I called to complain (again) and move rooms, but phone wasn't working! Second room was a little better, although walls so thin I could hear couple next door talking.
Indian restaurant was not great, and breakfast (which we got on the house) was satisfactory.
Not nearly enough staff for a hotel this size. Although the staff that were there tried their best.
I wont be going back and would not recommend to my friends. For the price there are much better alternatives.

Room Tip: Our rooms were 208 and 424. Avoid those.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Fraser Brighton S

Dear Fraser Brighton S

I'm sorry our Hotel didn't live up to your expectation during your recent stay with us. I'm glad we were able to find you another room when we had an alternative available but I'm disappointed for the need to move. I'll pick this up with our housekeeping and maintenance team to ensure that we have a more rigorous checking system in place in future.

I hope you'll reconsider staying with us again. With a fantastic location in the heart of Glasgow's West End and a short walking distance to the City Centre the Hotel provides a great base for a trip to the city. Please contact me directly if you'd like to stay with us sometime in the future.

Regards
Gordon

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I booked this hotel as everything else I normally stay in was full. Was very wary so phoned the hotel about four times to check everything was told by Lindsay the reservation manager that everything was fine. On check in yes you guessed it no rooms. We where eventually moved to
Another hotel after about three hours. I
Phoned the hotel the next day about three times and asked Lindsay to call back no reply have phoned about three times since. When they answer the phones no one can speak to you. Please don't book this hotel unless you want hassle and no room

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank FAB4NYC
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Not that impressed at all with the hotel - I stayed as part of a union delegation and they seem to get most of their business through groups. Reception couldn't find my booking and it then took several attempts to get my room key working, by which time I was late for dinner. We'd eaten in the Indian restaurant the previous night and food there was good - not up to the standards of the neighbouring Mother India restaurant, but few places are.

However the conference dinner on the Saturday night was rather so-so. First impressions of the hotel was that it was quite smart, but it became clear that this was superficial. Rooms were comfortable but small, too warm (a bugbear of mine with hotel rooms) and mirrors were cracked and looked cheap and nasty.

There are industrial pipes over the ceiling of the dining area - presumably this is intentional to make it look hip and trendy... unfortunately I found myself being dripped on at breakfast and on looking up, the pipe had some sort of gaffer tape on it... Lift floor was also unpleasantly sticky and had clearly had something spilled (beer?) during the night and not properly cleaned up.

I didn't choose the hotel but gave feedback to the conference organisers that it wasn't great, and I think others did likewise. It's conveniently located for the city centre and West End but it needs a bit of money spent on it to get the basics right. Wouldn't recommend in its current state.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on 5th September and whilst making use of the free wifi in the lobby i witnessed the reception staff that were on duty being abused time and time again because the hotel was overbooked and some people had to be told that the hotel was full. My daughter is a receptionist and i was disgusted to see how these people were being treated by members of the public! Shocking!
Firstly, it is not the fault of the receptionist that the hotel is overbooked, that is down to reservations who book & allocate rooms. Secondly, i did not see any sign of a manager of any kind offering the reception staff any assistance or solution to this problem. The staff were pretty much left on their own to deal with the situation. Please try to remember that these people you are abusing so badly are someones son or daughter, wife, mum or girlfriend probably on minimum wage and lastly, how would YOU feel if you were treated like this in your own place of work? Unacceptable!

• Stayed: September 2012