“' Home from Home '”
Review of Acorn Hotel

Acorn Hotel
Ranked #20 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We received a warm friendly welcome, checked in and shown to our room within 2 minutes, given an extremely helpful explanation of the location of Hotel in relation to nearby attractions, restaurants & bus routes.
Our room on the first floor was well proportioned, warm and spotlessly clean. At breakfast the next morning we received the same warm friendly welcome, good food, well presented and efficiently served. Bed & Breakfast at this Hotel is excellent value for money.
Overall an extremely pleasant experience with the added bonus of great customer service which can be lacking in much larger establishments . A real ' Home from Home'.

Room Tip: We were delighted with our room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M0rgan1970
There are newer reviews for Acorn Hotel

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is good value for money and young George made the difference.
Breakfast was well presented George cooked this well (recommend the poached eggs).
The balconey's could have been cleaned. There is some traffic noise from the streets but the hotel itself is quiet.
A lot of good restaurants at a walkable distance and kelvingrove park is a hop away.
The room was a bit tiny and the shower tinier still - but the loo and bathroom were clean. The towels were clean.
The room was warm

1  Thank Anand-keele
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed one night in this small quiet hotel. Very nice clean room with tea and coffee making facilities and lots of drawer and hanging space with more hangers than I've ever seen in any hotel. My kind of mindset! There was a safe in the room and an efficient hairdryer and even hair styler/straighteners. The bed was comfortable. The room was warm and cosy,had an en suite shower room with lots of space, modern design and a nice warm towel rail. The breakfast was freshly made to order and delicious. Our host was a real gentleman offering help with directions and suggested attractions. We would definitely recommend this amazing little hotel in a quiet part of town. We would stay here again and give top marks for location and value for money. Next time we may ask for a different room as the road was a shade noisy in the early hours with traffic but this was a minor annoyance.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed one night in this hotel and must say it was a very pleasant stay. The front door is key card operated so I was met by the receptionist who led me into the small lobby and checked me in within 2 minutes. Very friendly, gave me a street map and showed me how to get to the city centre (15 minute walk). The hotel is in a quiet area and I felt comfortable walking back by myself after midnight.

I stayed in a single room which was street facing. There was hardly any street noise, in fact the only noise I heard was from next door's tv. My room was very small and felt cramped, but the bed was comfortable and it was modern. Same goes for the bathroom, which had a great power shower. I can't comment on the breakfast as I had an early checkout.

The hotel has free wifi and for the price I paid (£45) I thought it was great value. I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank ell33
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed for night of the recent scotland game.Nice hotel clean rooms lovely hot shower and a great breakfast. Could not ask for more and great value for the price. Will def be back for any events in Glasgow as it sits nicely on edge of city towards the west end.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We are a mature couple who often visit Glasgow and the West End. This little hotel is simply great value for overnight stays. Clean, compact, refurbished recently. Our room was smallish but smart. Great shower and bed. Nice quiet area at night. Just great!!!!

1  Thank Eggy124
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Excellent Hotel...very clean..massive bathroom and power shower, very quiet location but near to city centre. Excellent Breakfast and thoroughly enjoyable stay and will definitely be returning for future breaks. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo