“Great little hotel”

Ranked #41 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
south wales
“Great little hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night in this hotel and must say it was a very pleasant stay. The front door is key card operated so I was met by the receptionist who led me into the small lobby and checked me in within 2 minutes. Very friendly, gave me a street map and showed me how to get to the city centre (15 minute walk). The hotel is in a quiet area and I felt comfortable walking back by myself after midnight.

I stayed in a single room which was street facing. There was hardly any street noise, in fact the only noise I heard was from next door's tv. My room was very small and felt cramped, but the bed was comfortable and it was modern. Same goes for the bathroom, which had a great power shower. I can't comment on the breakfast as I had an early checkout.

The hotel has free wifi and for the price I paid (£45) I thought it was great value. I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2013
1 Thank ell33

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed for night of the recent scotland game.Nice hotel clean rooms lovely hot shower and a great breakfast. Could not ask for more and great value for the price. Will def be back for any events in Glasgow as it sits nicely on edge of city towards the west end.

• Stayed March 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

We are a mature couple who often visit Glasgow and the West End. This little hotel is simply great value for overnight stays. Clean, compact, refurbished recently. Our room was smallish but smart. Great shower and bed. Nice quiet area at night. Just great!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Eggy124
Thrapston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Excellent Hotel...very clean..massive bathroom and power shower, very quiet location but near to city centre. Excellent Breakfast and thoroughly enjoyable stay and will definitely be returning for future breaks. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Kyle of Lochalsh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I found this hotel by chance, as most others that I usually booked with were full because of the Juventas/Celtic game.
It's very accessible, just behind the Mitchell Library, but nice and quiet. Staff were very friendly. Room was lovely decor, comfortable bed, with a power shower. The rest of the decor in the hotel was also very nice. Great Breakfast too. I will definitely stay again if I can. My room was first floor, which I also liked and had a nice view onto the side of the hotel. There was a restaurant next door which was a bonus for me being on my own.

Room Tip: By the look of the main parts of the Hotel any room would be fine. I just happen to like ground floo...
St.Andrews
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

It must have been all that concrete in the motorways that encircle Glasgow that zapped my inner satellite navigation because-when I did, eventually, get my feet on the right trail it was very easy to find.
I had come by bus to where I was working that weekend but gave up on the trying to find my way through the labyrinthine roads and flagged down a taxi. I had thought I'd get a better idea of the territory but as the taxi driver took me by another route (yep! I know they have to earn a dime!) which didn't give me any more visual feedback, I resolved to get to grips by walking it after I'd got my room sorted out.
The busy receptionist was helpful, likewise a Nice Man whose ideas about women not being able to read maps was being Quite Justified by me!
By the time I left, the following day, I'd gained enough experience through treading the pavements that I'm now an expert in finding this small hotel.
The rooms have an attractive decor, with a hairdrier and hair tongues (well, I guess that's what they were) and my bed was comfortable.
I'd have preferred some digestive biscuits to the jam-filled ones,though.
The breakfast was good, but the coffee not to my taste. Still, I do go hunting the best beans, nowadays:a personal whim.
Would I say again? Yes!

1 Thank Busybee888
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Anytime i stay in Glasgow, the Acorn is my preferred choice of hotel. Recent 2 night stay on business in room 14 (top floor, corner) yet again confirmed this. I like the fact that it is a very friendly hotel, and small enough to be personal.....it feels like a B&B, in a really nice way. Rooms are very well appointed, and small touches make a difference e.g nice biscuits, toiletries etc. Great value for money. Hotel is in a quieter part of Glasgow, yet only 1.5miles from the centre, either a 20min brisk walk or a £5 taxi ride. Some very nice restaurants just at the end of the road. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Only small (-) point was the reception closes at night and does not reopen until 7.30am, as i realised when i tried to get a cab at 7am, but not a big issue in the grand scheme of things and would certainly not put me off staying here again.

1 Thank shaunyp37