“A great find”
Review of Acorn Hotel

Acorn Hotel
Ranked #18 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed for night of the recent scotland game.Nice hotel clean rooms lovely hot shower and a great breakfast. Could not ask for more and great value for the price. Will def be back for any events in Glasgow as it sits nicely on edge of city towards the west end.

• Stayed: March 2013
There are newer reviews for Acorn Hotel

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We are a mature couple who often visit Glasgow and the West End. This little hotel is simply great value for overnight stays. Clean, compact, refurbished recently. Our room was smallish but smart. Great shower and bed. Nice quiet area at night. Just great!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Eggy124
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Excellent Hotel...very clean..massive bathroom and power shower, very quiet location but near to city centre. Excellent Breakfast and thoroughly enjoyable stay and will definitely be returning for future breaks. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I found this hotel by chance, as most others that I usually booked with were full because of the Juventas/Celtic game.
It's very accessible, just behind the Mitchell Library, but nice and quiet. Staff were very friendly. Room was lovely decor, comfortable bed, with a power shower. The rest of the decor in the hotel was also very nice. Great Breakfast too. I will definitely stay again if I can. My room was first floor, which I also liked and had a nice view onto the side of the hotel. There was a restaurant next door which was a bonus for me being on my own.

Room Tip: By the look of the main parts of the Hotel any room would be fine. I just happen to like ground floo...
Reviewed February 18, 2013

It must have been all that concrete in the motorways that encircle Glasgow that zapped my inner satellite navigation because-when I did, eventually, get my feet on the right trail it was very easy to find.
I had come by bus to where I was working that weekend but gave up on the trying to find my way through the labyrinthine roads and flagged down a taxi. I had thought I'd get a better idea of the territory but as the taxi driver took me by another route (yep! I know they have to earn a dime!) which didn't give me any more visual feedback, I resolved to get to grips by walking it after I'd got my room sorted out.
The busy receptionist was helpful, likewise a Nice Man whose ideas about women not being able to read maps was being Quite Justified by me!
By the time I left, the following day, I'd gained enough experience through treading the pavements that I'm now an expert in finding this small hotel.
The rooms have an attractive decor, with a hairdrier and hair tongues (well, I guess that's what they were) and my bed was comfortable.
I'd have preferred some digestive biscuits to the jam-filled ones,though.
The breakfast was good, but the coffee not to my taste. Still, I do go hunting the best beans, nowadays:a personal whim.
Would I say again? Yes!

1  Thank Busybee888
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Anytime i stay in Glasgow, the Acorn is my preferred choice of hotel. Recent 2 night stay on business in room 14 (top floor, corner) yet again confirmed this. I like the fact that it is a very friendly hotel, and small enough to be personal.....it feels like a B&B, in a really nice way. Rooms are very well appointed, and small touches make a difference e.g nice biscuits, toiletries etc. Great value for money. Hotel is in a quieter part of Glasgow, yet only 1.5miles from the centre, either a 20min brisk walk or a £5 taxi ride. Some very nice restaurants just at the end of the road. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Only small (-) point was the reception closes at night and does not reopen until 7.30am, as i realised when i tried to get a cab at 7am, but not a big issue in the grand scheme of things and would certainly not put me off staying here again.

1  Thank shaunyp37
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Myself and my partner have stayed at the hotel three times and it wont be our last. Any time we are spending a night in Glasgow we would look no further than the Acorn. The hotel is great value for money. As soon as you walk through the door, you are greeted by friendly staff and lovely décor. The rooms are gorgeous and spotless and the extras such as the flat screen tv and GHD hair straighteners are an added bonus. The beds are so comfortable and we have had a great sleep each time we have stayed. The bathrooms are lovely and are something you would expect to find in 4 or 5 star hotel. Anyone who picks fault with this hotel must be extremely hard to please. I honestly believe this hotel deserves more than its 3 stars.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple