Acorn Hotel
$321
$268
  • Restaurant
Glasgow Marriott Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$190
$313
$262
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$188
$159
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$140
$146
$142
$222
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewswest endghd straightenerscity centrekelvingrove parksmall hotelsingle rooma ground floor roomsauchiehall streetquiet locationlovely hotelboutique hotelcooked breakfastno liftwithin walking distanceminute walkstreet parkingwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Hey there.
Firstly, starting with good points, that mean: the location, nice staff, clean towels, hot water.
Secondly, this is not as far as a four starts hotel. Worth for the money, though. Moreover, they stop the heating at 10 pm. So during this period expect to be cold at night in your room. Unless you tell them that you move to other hotel, which we did tell them, so they kept the heat on for other 3 nights, all night. A second bad part is that they do not change your sheets. They only do that if you stay 7 days. I consider it a minus for a so called 4 starts hotel. You do not have a fridge or an iron machine. The bed: if you are more than 1.80... your feet are out of bed!! super pillows though. Hope you enjoy it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2012

This hotel is really fantastic! It's located near enough to Sauchiehall that you can walk right to the bars, but it's far enough away that it is quiet at night.
The hotel is so clean, which is SO important to me. The hallways smelled like lemon... I know that sounds odd.
The room was fantastic. It was clean, spacious, and bright. There was a straightener and a hair dryer with plenty of outlets. The shower was really fantastic, as well. The beds were soo comfortable.
The gentleman at the front desk was AMAZING. He was very kind and carried mine and my friend's bag up to the second floor and then carried them back down to our taxi as we were getting ready to leave. His great service would probably be one of the main reasons why this hotel deserves a 5 star rating.
The only thing this hotel was lacking was a lift. And honestly... it wasn't that big of a deal. I could do with or without a lift. But, if somebody has trouble walking the stairs this hotel is not for you.
I would absolutely stay here again, and I probably will end up doing so. I've been to Glasgow before and this is absolutely the best value for my money, I would highly suggest it.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the walk up the stairs try to get to the second floor. :)
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2012

This was a lovely little hotel which is situated in Glasgow's Charing Cross area. The room was a great size and the decor was very modern. There was even GHD's in the room - excellent! The shower was a great size (double) but would have preferred the actual shower room to be bigger.

We found a voucher on trip advisor for a free bottle of wine at this hotel, and when we got into the room, there was a bottle chilling in a wine cooler - perfect!

The only downside to this room was its location - I think it was almost directly above a small club, so you could hear loud bass noise until quite late at night...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2012

didn't know of this hotel until saw it on Tripadvisor so took a plunge blindly. Not impressive from the outside due mostly to building work in adjacent properties, but was pleasantly suprised once inside. Clean and pleasantly appointed the facilities were more than sufficient for our needs, comfortable and well maintained. the staff were exceptional, friendly,efficient and only too happy to cater to any need or request. They couldn't have been more helpful.Wonderfully tasteful breakfast what more could you need. My thanks to Charlie, Donald and their competant helpful staff. A diamond in Glasgow's crown in a quiet location within walking distance of the city centre, but just across the road from one of my favourite Indian Restaurants. We will return

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank eleniCockermouth
Reviewed February 23, 2012

My partner and I recently stayed here for a weekend get away in Glasgow. On arrival we were greeted by Charlie from reception. We were offered all the help you could imagine. The room was great and well equipped. After going out we returned to the room about 10pm to some noise outside and before we had chance to say anything we were called and offered a different room once again courtesy of Charlie. In short great room, great staff, great value, great stay!

• Stayed: February 2012