“Does the job... But be warned!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glasgow
The B Suites Glasgow City Centre
Ranked #41 of 50 Specialty Lodging in Glasgow
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed in a ‘Suite’ in the Beresford building for one night 03 July 2013.

The apartment was spacious enough but more detail should have been made by the cleaners, for example the glasses and cups were dirty and the bins hadn’t been emptied (there was even a used sanitary product left in the bathroom one!), when I tried to open the living room window the handle was broken so we couldn’t even let any air through.

When we were leaving for the night we noticed that the electronic fob to get into the building didn’t work, I called the out of hours number and was reassured that there would be a security guard available to let us in 24hours and if I had any problems to call that number again. On returning at around 11pm, no security guard was in sight and nobody was answering the out of hours number, we travelled as 4 young women and it made us feel vulnerable, especially as a number of men began ‘loitering’ around us. Luckily, a resident in the building let us in after around half an hour.

The nights sleep was loud as were on the courtyard - avoid if possible!

When we checked out we voiced our concerns to the girl on the desk and to be honest she didn’t seem bothered, she stated she would get somebody to call us, then didn’t take a number.

Don’t get me wrong, this apartment done the job it needed by providing a bed for the night. But I definitely won’t be staying again.

Room Tip: Keep away from the Beresford building!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amy T
There are newer reviews for The B Suites Glasgow City Centre

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Returned home after a one night stay after the Soringsteen gig at Hampden Park and it was exactly what we needed. Great location, huge apartment, and great value for money. It's not the Ritz, but what can you expect if you don't pay 5 star prices.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I booked this hotel at the last minute because my original plans had fallen through. The check in / reception desk is in a completely different building to where the accommodation is. Couldn't check in till 4.00 because the rooms were not ready, and they charged us £5 to hold onto our cases . even at that the beds were not made because the bedding does not arrive till 6.00 so when you do get to your accommodation your confronted with dirty stained mattress and yellow dirty pillows. The carpets were dirty, what looked like drink and possibly vomit stains. And the smell ! Rooms had no air , they were stuffy and clammy. The sitting room had a tv with a couch and on it was three pillows that had stains all over them, again possible drink and vomit stains. It was all to much, so I didn't stay I went back down the road to the reception and asked them for a refund and was told they couldn't give me one so she gave me an email address to forward my complaint to. This is not a 4 star hotel, it's not even a 2star . If you can't get booked in anywhere else, my advise use your money to buy a sleeping bag , and find a street corner to lie in because you'd be better off....

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Minimoo4
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Visiting Glasgow with a friend, we just wanted two beds for the night, and these apartments were in the right area for us. I initially started to book a single-bedroom apartment, which had, according to their web site, a sofa-bed in the lounge; however, when I - luckily - read the Terms & Conditions, these said that there are NO sofa-beds available. I phoned up the contact number to ask about this, and was given another number to call. The person who took that call then transferred me to the reception desk for the apartments, and it was confirmed that there are no sofa-beds, despite the web site details.

I should have taken the hint and looked elsewhere, but I went ahead and booked a two-bedroom apartment. During the booking process, I was asked to state an arrival time, so I put 16.30. On the day of our check-in, I received a text message asking me to alert them as to my arrival time since they close at 6.00 pm. I phoned up to query this and they asked me if 6pm was a problem; I said no, but I was surprised since this hadn't been stated anywhere that I had seen; I was then told that they already had me marked down for a 16.30 arrival - so why the text? It was lucky I phoned though, because this was when I was told that I had to go to 402 Sauchiehall Street to check in.

The girl on reception was friendly and helpful enough, but the office did look a bit like reception at a hostel.

When we got to our apartment, it was very spacious, with a large lounge-kitchen area; and the shower in the en-suite had a good flow and plenty of hot water; unfortunately, that is the sum total of the good points. We had been told at reception that it was possible our rooms hadn't been made up yet, and this proved to be the case. This meant that I could see the stains on the double-bed mattress in my room, which was a bit off-putting. So was the fact that the apartment door had obviously been kicked in at some point and then patched up, and the various patched-up repairs to walls in the apartments. We went out for the evening around 5.30, and the beds were made up sometime after that. This is the first time ever I have been deliberately sent to a room which had not been prepared.

Others have listed issues with their apartments, so I'll be brief:

* sticky floors throughout (although this could be a security feature - no-one could approach my bedroom without me hearing their shoes lifting from the floor)

* carpet in bedroom un-vacuumed

* coffee table surface sticky, with laminate lifting and bubbled

* bedside table also covered in a sticky mess

* picture on wall torn

* fridge dirty and smelling badly

Our apartment was, unfortunately, adjacent to the area between the lifts, so in the middle of the night, returning groups of drunken hen-nights and stag parties congregated there, smoking and shouting, which kept my friend awake (one bedroom looks into the central courtyard).

There was a kettle in the apartment, and storage jars with teabags, instant coffee and sugar: there was one tea-bag, and the sugar had formed a solid lump, so I wouldn't trust the quality of the coffee!

I'd say these apartments are OK for large groups who are visiting to go drinking and clubbing in the area and aren't fussy about their accommodation, but not for anyone else.

Room Tip: If you have to go, try not to take apartments 1 or 2 on any floor, which are beside the lifts.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank M1DXB
Reviewed June 14, 2013

By a long way, one of the worst hotel/accommodation experiences of many years travelling and that includes Africa, Asia and the developing world. Apartment absolutely filthy, unmade unwashed bed, broken lights, broken furniture, and a door which had clearly been forced open, left unrepaired, with a faulty lock. NO STAFF anywhere. Front door hob access broken, had to buzz numbers to try and get in. This is simply the worst experience possible - a disgrace to Glasgow, and it SHOULD not be on Lastminute.com - this gives it an absolutely unwarranted credibility.

PLEASE BE ADVISED - do NOT book this place or go there.

Room Tip: Only one tip - DO NOT GO NEAR THIS PLACE: it is filthy and unsafe
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Martin M
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My first ever trip advisor review but compelled to write after a dreadful experience. Arrived at number 402 as instructed and at the time we said we would arrive, to discover a dingy almost derelict reception on the third floor of a building along the road from the building shown in the photos. We found an upset couple who informed us that they had been there for nearly 2 hours and that the reception desk was unmanned. They'd hung around outside the locked front door downstairs until a caretaker arriving for work let them in. He was unable to contact anyone who could give us a key and neither of us could get an answer from either the phone number of city suites or late rooms (5pm). After a frustrating hour he tracked down an employee who said that no-one could help us. We had to leave and find another hotel . Caretaker implied this happened a lot. That last thing I would say is that a single female arriving might well feel quite vulnerable given the state and atmosphere of the place. Just don't go even if it seems like a good deal unless things change a lot.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GP12186487
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at our room to find that the door had clearly been broken into before and had not been fixed. The whole appartment was absolutely filthy. In the kitchen/living room the floor was sticky and the tv and kitchen appliances had been wiped down with a dirty cloth, there were big white streaks over everything! There was no bedding or towels when we arrived so we had to sit and wait for them. The office called up to ask how everything was and I would usually be to embarrassed to complain but it was so bad I had to. They gave us a late check out till 12pm to compensate but my guess is they do that to most people and thats why there check-out time is 10am usually. Would not reccommend this one bit. It should actually be checked out by trading standards, there is no way it should be given a rating at all.

• Stayed: May 2013