“I Know Some People Just Like A Good Moan...But Seriously, Don't Stay Here!”

The B Suites Glasgow City Centre
Ranked #38 of 49 Specialty Lodging in Glasgow
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“I Know Some People Just Like A Good Moan...But Seriously, Don't Stay Here!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at our room to find that the door had clearly been broken into before and had not been fixed. The whole appartment was absolutely filthy. In the kitchen/living room the floor was sticky and the tv and kitchen appliances had been wiped down with a dirty cloth, there were big white streaks over everything! There was no bedding or towels when we arrived so we had to sit and wait for them. The office called up to ask how everything was and I would usually be to embarrassed to complain but it was so bad I had to. They gave us a late check out till 12pm to compensate but my guess is they do that to most people and thats why there check-out time is 10am usually. Would not reccommend this one bit. It should actually be checked out by trading standards, there is no way it should be given a rating at all.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank kym54321

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Edinburgh
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This company is a disgrace. I was looking for budget for five adults and thought this looked reasonable. We arrived and were sent to our apartment which looked like a converted office block.
There was no heating, not enough duvets and the windows didn't close. We were on the 8th floor so a howling gale blew through on one of the coldest nights of the year. The bed clothes that there were were disgusting. No one ever answered the 24hr number so we went back to the concierge who said it would be sorted out.
We returned too late to find anywhere else and had the worst stay of our lives. YOU WOULD GET A BETTER STAY IN A HOMELESS SHELTER. There was no hot water and couldn't even heat ourselves with the oven as it didn't work.
I have since tried to get a refund and have been bounced around, up and down the company. The best they have offered is one night stay for 2 people Monday to Thursday in May or November. Mental
Never stay here. This people are conmen and a disgrace to our society.
Also check their sister/parent company The City Suites for similar reports.

Room Tip: Don't, just don't.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MatOneTea

Travelers are raving about these Glasgow hotels

Aberdeen
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We booked a 5 person apartment before reading the reviews and were dreading our stay. We even concidered buying a tent to erect if it turned out to be as bad as the reviews. We were surprisingly shocked! Yes you have to collect the key from a different building and yes the staff werent that friendly but the apartment was lovely. We had an apartment on the 5th floor and it was great. No noisy neighbours (apart from us) and it was clean enough for the price we paid. Great location and is right next door to a tesco extra so very handy. We didnt have any problems working the door system but we were concerned about only getting one key between the 5 of us. Luckily we didnt lose it or they charge you fortune. Also for smokers all you need to do is go outside your apparment into the landing and smoking is permitted there because there is no roof. Lovely courtyard downstairs that you can sit in. Also, our windows all opened and the heating/air con worked perfectly. All in all, really enjoyed and stay.

Stornoway
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I booked this through late rooms as I was needing accommodation at short notice SHOULD HAVE READ THE REVIEWS!!!!!! You check in at a different building given an unmarked key fob told to go to "the red and white building down the road beside Tesco" no other info!!I was fortunate that someone else was entering the building as I might still be trying to get in! These are listed as fully equipped self catering apartments but when I enquired about cleaning I was told the apartments were serviced and would be hoovered that day no it was not extra pillows were requested and I still am waiting

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lilyhstornoway
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I booked a two beroom appartment sleeping six people ,when i arrived at the appartment there was one double bed in one room and one double and single bed in the other ,when i called to reception i was told another bed would be brough in, it was and they tried to put it in the bedroom with the one double bed but my party staying there was three couples,so we were told to just put the bed in the living room area which just wasnt acceptable,
But worse was yet to come on further inspection of the appartment it was utterly filthy il start my List now .
STICKY TACKY FLOORS
MILDEW IN THE SHOWERS
BROKEN CLOCK
RIPPED PICTURE ON THE WALL
NO BLINDS ON LIVING ROOM WINDOWS FOR PRIVACY

what was more embarassing for me was having booked these appartments and having friends travel from wales to show them some scottish hospitality was totally umiliating for me bring them to this filthy appartment and at a cost of £183.50 for one night i for one am going to fight all the way for a refund on this filthy hole ....AVOID AT ALL COSTS !!

1 Thank jacmar1
Stonehaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Stayed here with 4 friends on 16th May and we were v nervous after reading the reviews on here!! We arrived at reception and lady on reception was a bit on edge and condescending and we asked to check out the apartment before we checked in. This wasn't a problem and the apartment seemed fine, only complaint would be they didn't have the rooms ready for us arriving i.e beds not made etc but staff were fun and it wasn't a huge problem. Apart from that didn't have much else to complain about, fridge, cooker, cupboards, shower etc clean and central location.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My friend booked for 6 of us to stay overnight in the suites. I was embarrassed for her! What a welcome our Welsh friends had to Glasgow. We had to complain over several matters, and I have photographic evidence of the filth we encountered. From the lack of light bulbs, to floors that were tacky with dirt and dust, the whole place needed a total clean up. If I was on "Four in a Bed" I would pay £40. The only thing that was clean was the bedding - although I didn't dare look under the sheets at the mattress or pillows.
By the time I had washed the crockery before use, and then again before we left, the apartment was in a cleaner state when we left. The oven was filthy, the shower trays had mildew. There were 2 mugs although the apartment slept 6. We asked for towels and the towels we were provided with were damp; and we were advised to dry them on the towel rail in the bathrooms. As these did not appear to work, the towels were still damp in the morning.
I intend to fight for a large proportion of our money back as we paid £183.50 for the one night.

1 Thank Heather L