The B Suites Glasgow City Centre
$321
$268
  • Restaurant
Glasgow Marriott Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$249
$232
$212
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$201
$171
Agoda.com
$313
$264
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$140
Orbitz.com
$181
$168
$222
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Shocking customer service - Company has 2 names, couldn't stay there as couldn't provide room, still awaiting refund after 5 weeks.

After reading reviews online about the City Suites AKA The B Suites. I booked in advance with a check-in time of 16:00. I arrived slightly late about 16:30 to then wait outside the door of the office for the staff to arrive back from a break.

I was given a key and I paid for my room by Visa card.

The fob to enter the building was faulty, when my boyfriend returned to the office to report the fault he was told to hold the fob for 5 seconds and see if it worked, and was told that if it didn't work we would have to wait for the cleaner (no time frame was given) as there were no spare fobs. We did not have time to wait around for the cleaner as we had a meal and show to attend. We therefore had to go and find another place to stay on Sunday night.

We tried the fob for more than 5 seconds and it still did not work. We both then returned to the office, the woman on reception said there was no spare fob, and I asked for a refund. She explained because I had paid by card that she couldn't issue a refund on a card. She said I would have to speak to the manager the next day (Monday). I asked her to get the manager to phone me on Monday.

I did not receive a call from the manager on Monday morning, so I called at lunch time to the 0845 number and a message was passed on. I received an email from a Carmo Afonso.

Dear Mrs Falconer,

I received an email stating that you request a refund.
Can you please give me more details regarding your case?

Carmo Afonso

Siroosh Bavarsad

Tel: +44 (0)845 108 5438 (Reservations Hotline - Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:30)
Tel: +44 (0)131 531 1270 (Edinburgh 24/7)
Tel: +44 (0)141 353 6208 (Glasgow 24/7)
Tel: +44 (0)203 651 2345 (London 24/7)

Email: siroosh@thebsuites.com
Web: www.thebsuites.com

I then tried to reply to the message and the email was rejected, and after another phone call I found out his email was too full that is why it was rejected.

I then phoned again on the 0845 number on Tuesday, and a message was passed on to Catlin. Catlin, then phoned me on the Tuesday (0141 number), I tried to call back but there was no answer.

I called Catlin again and finally got hold of her. She told me that she could not issue a refund and didn't think I should receive a refund as they could get a fob within an hour. We were not told this, when I told her this she said that there was footage to prove what had been said. I asked for the footage of this and she told me I could not see this. She continued on to detail that I need to email to get my refund.

I believe that the City Suites have not fulfilled the service I paid for. I paid for a room that they could not provide as they did not have a fob to allow me to enter the building. According to the law if you do not provide a service that you promised when I paid for the room I am due a refund.

I have now been chasing them for 5 wks to get a refund. I cannot phone them to complain, I need to email! I still have not received a refund!

Room Tip: Just don't book!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank MsKiplings
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Where do I begin?! The first time our Apartment wasn't ready when we arrived - they were still cleaning our apartment!! By 4.30 we decided to take a different apartment as ours still wasn't ready. this apartment was horrible. Very unclean. Caitlin the manager not interested and needs to learn some customer service skills. Decided to give it another go despite the delayed check in issue the last time. Phoned on Saturday 4 th may to ask if they can guarantee that we can get checked in for 3 pm on the sunday be told by the manager that because its a bank hol sun we won't get checked in at 3 pm and it will be later?! She said she would check with the domestics and phone me back - she never did phone back and we cancelled the booking and booked a nice clean hotel instead. I think the reviews speak for themselves!! Bad management, bad service and a couldn't care less attitude if customers are having a bad experience. Also sent an email on the 18 th April re our stay and never ever got a response.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank MissNixon
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Booked the Castle Street suites but got moved to Sauchiehall Street. There are not enough characters to explain what a disaster it was. Sauna like conditions, hair on the bathroom wall, shower that did not drain and the noise both from outside due to the night club next door and inside with people slamming doors all night, shouting and just not being very considerate. Never, ever again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank barkayem
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Probably my biggest regret is not checking Trip Advisor before we stayed as it seems we're not alone in our experience.

From the moment we arrived to pick up our keys (in a building far along the street from the actual apartments) I knew that the place was going to be a dump, The girl at the reception where we picked up the keys was wearing a filthy white t-shirt and the reception itself looked like a backstreet hairdressers.

When we finally got our keys and finding the building we were in we made our way up to our room on the 4th floor. Upon entering I straight away knew what we were in for. Let me bullet point each of the bad points to save this becoming an essay:

- Holes in the walls
- No toilet paper in the bathroom
- Both windows in the bedroom wouldn't open
- Underfloor heating wouldn't turn off
- No mirror in the bedroom
- Smashed Mirror in the bathroom
- Broken lamps in the bedroom
- Grotty bed clothes, dirty looking bed (base & mattress)
- Broken blinds in the bedroom
- No towel in the bathroom
- No plates/glasses in the kitchen
- Noisy location with the main door opening out on to a busy Courtyard
- Poorly laid flooring (Laminate flooring with large holes)
- Blocked shower that overflowed into the bathroom while we were using it.

Within 2 minutes of stepping into the apartment I was on the internet searching for somewhere else to stay.

I expected more from somewhere that was rated as 4 star on the LateRooms.com website.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emily T
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Totally gross, dirty beds, dirty carpets, food splattered down the wall and wait for it....... a used condom in the bedroom! Whatever you do, do not stay here, camp in the street outside, its cleaner!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family