“Nice suites” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 49 Specialty Lodging in Glasgow
Dunoon, United Kingdom
“Nice suites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

The rooms are very spacious and great value for money. Its good if you are going for a party in Glasgow with a big group. The check in can be a bit tricky so make sure you call ahead of time to make sure you know where you are going. I really think you get what you paid for.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Richard S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Kilwinning, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had booked into the b suites in glasgow . when we arrived three people in front of us were told they had no rooms for any of them. We finally got to the front when the reception said we had not booked i had a confirmation letter.. the two ladies at reception were not helpful all they said was take a card and ring head office on monday my husband mysef and two children. My husband ask to speak to the boss but nobody knew how to contact him. Finally my husband finally got through to him and spoke he said our booking had be cancelled on monday when we had not booked until the saturday at a great price of £33.00 for a two bedroom flat. the managing director said he would phone us back in five minutes my husband try to phone him again which took half a hour he stated that they cancel our booking as soon as we had book it because the prices were wrong the prices are still the same on the suite websuite. By this time it was 5pm and we had got there at three . I would never book any of these suites which are in glasgow, Edinburgh, And london . Just as we were leaving someone else came in and they did not have a booking all they said we could use the computer to book something else up it spoil my sons birthday .

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank fiona a
Kirkintilloch, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I recently stayed in the B suites in Glasgow(23rd sept 2012). would NEVER reccommend anyone to stay here unless they want to be stressed and not get what you paid for. i arrived just after 3pm yesterday and when we got to the check in room there was a que with alot of angry people. Waited an hour to get to the front of the desk for them to tell me that i owed them the money for the suite which i was shocked at as they have already taken it out of my bank account back in august when i booked it. Was also charged £180 which i was then shocked to hear that a girl behind us paid £14 for a suite.
As we received our keys we were told that we were not in the building they show you on the website but one round the corner, which was not a problem just would like to have been warned that it was not going to be the pictures we had been shown on the computer.
We got to the room which as soon as you opened the door smelt like smoke! I had been told that all the apartments had a balcony and that was included in the price yet when we got there there was no balcony and also had paid for wifi to which the people at reception told us was working in august but now in september there was technical difficulties and would i want a refund.
to make me more angry the girl that was standing behind us in the que who paid £14 had said come and see my suite it has an upstairs and everything which made me mad as i was told this was the standard price for the apartment.
All this company needs work done to it and needs to employ people who have had training in customer relations as all the girls at the reception could do was to phone head office which i think is shocking. It is false advertising as the suite we had looks nothing like the pictures.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Caitlin R
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Our recent visit to the City Suites in Glasgow (7-8th September 2012) was certainly a notable experience. In fact we have never stayed in such a place where there were so many broken/damaged/soiled things. Some of the problems were:

The apartment smelt unclean upon entry
The springs of the mattresses 'twanged' when we moved/turned over and were obviously of very poor quality
The toilet seat in the ensuite bathroom was completely loose and therefore dangerous.
The carpet in the main bedroom was heavily soiled.
One of the blinds fell down when we attempted to adjust it and others were stained.
The toilet roll holder in the second bathroom was broken and just left on the side.
The bathroom door had obvioulsy been forced and was cracked with door handle parts left on the side.
There was a damp/fungus stained area in the bathroom and the towel shelf was rusted.
The kitchen tap was not working, and worse than that had been 'mended' with insulating tape and a screw.
The sofa was broken and the springs were visible.
The ceiling in one bedroom was in very poor condition with flaking plaster.

We reported the problems to reception as soon as we arrived as we had been handed terms and conditions suggesting that we would have to pay for any damages and they seemed completely aware of the issues but unwilling to do anything about them.

We attempted to email our complaints to the company on our return but each time our emails bounced back.

City Suites Glasgow are advertised as 4* and very obviously aren't. Please do not ignore the reviews. We had looked them up on Tripadvisor but found nothing on City Suites with whom we had booked - only bad reviews for B suites. THEY ARE THE SAME!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank eaedwards
Glasgow
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at The B Suites in Glasgow, on arrival we thought it was nice enough, then when I went for a shower, I went to the main bedroom to dry my hair and get ready. When I moved the mirror there was a used condom on the floor! I was disgusted to think how little the cleaners must do to each room if I found this so easily. I tried calling to speak to someone but could not get through, I then tried to email them, did so, and 3 weeks later I have not heard back! So there is no customer service available if you stay here.

When we came back to the apartment to go to sleep, we discovered the bed in the main bedroom was broken, the last guests obviously had a good time. So we slept in the other bedroom where we couldn't sleep from the noise of party go-ers in the town!

Also when we arrived at check-in just after 2, we were told check-in was at 3. I advised the receptionist that online and in the confirmation email it states 2pm. So she allowed us to check in early.

The only thing I would say was good about the apartments was the location.

I would never stay here again!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Sarra25
Christchurch, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I recently returned to The B Suites due to the fact i had no problems and excellent service on my first visit. I wondered why on earth this place could be given such bad reviews and why people are so shocked and appauled at the place. On my return I got a taste of exactly why people are so angry....

I made my booking online and got a very cheap deal as i did the last time. No complaints. On arrival a sweet young girl was there to greet me in a well presented office which is seperate from the actual building you stay in less than 100m(5min tops) down the street. I was a liitle early and was offered an early check-in for 30GBP. No thanks. I had only paid the same amount for the room!! I was told i cannot get into my room until check-in time at 3pm. I found this very bad management as the room was clearly ready to enter.

On return, i was ask to provide payment and did so accordingly. a pre authorisation was also required and i obliged. Upon entering the room my nightmare began. The place was filthy and absolutely stunk! I refused to stay and asked to move to a more suitable room. I was. Again disgusting! On my 3rd change of room i finally set up stall for the night aeven although it was still pretty shabby! God knows what the cleaners do with there day.

Luckily i was there for a quick 1 night stay. Once i had left i realised i had been charged for a "deep-clean" and a late check-out fee combing in 45GBP worth of charges.I must add i did not recieve an invoice for this which is illegal. Disgrace! After moving room 3 times to avoid filthy rooms! Unfortunately I could not visit The B Suites office to try and sort out what could only be described as a simple mistake due to human error?? NO! After numorous phone calls to the Glasgow branch and "head office",Lisa that is, the charges were to stand. I was horrified to find that my complaints were not even taken into consideration. I eventually called my bank and had to ask for a chargeback to retrieve my money after 6 weeks of persuing the company. I even tried to speak with the company "director" who was conviently unavailable,sick or in a meeting any time I called. Trully shameful.

Do not stay here even as a last resort. The management clearly has no clue in how to treat customers and the owner(whomever they may be) are even worse. All this pace is interested in is taking your money in any illegal way they can! A far cry from the last time i stayed here and totally sympathise with the other travellers who have gone through this nasty experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank 351maverick50
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

typical 'student accomodation' and I dont mean at the beginning of term! the lift was dodgy and hallways carpet full of stains which looked like spillage from bin bags the leather couch was just a huge hole under the cushion, the maintanence man was in the lift when we arrived I told him about the couch and he said we were lucky as there were two apartment blocks and this was far the better we were actually upgraded to a delux apartment! but didnt even unpack found a hotel nearby and cut our losses - waste of money.

Room Tip: read the trip advisory comments and dont be too sure about the photos on the web site